Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
terry1
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App Shazam

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Phyl1225

Don't feel too left out.  I actually got three replies, all identical, and I suspect, computer generated. I honestly think my problem is Cellular South.  Shazam may not work with CDMA carriers.   
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aimstergal

Very strange.  It doesn't show up at all in app world yet the shazam website directs you to app world.  I have a curve 8330m..can't find the download anywhere.  Help?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
terry1

Hey try this link. I just got It from a forum on crakberry. I just down loaded It and installed It using the desk top manager. It works on my 8330

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/help-need-shazam-221799/ look for post #9 and copy the link. Yes its legal. it will only work for 30 days then you have to buy it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aimstergal

Thank you!  I remember at one time it was on AppWorld and it said it would remain working after 30 at the basic level.  Let's see!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
terry1

Your welcome. Now if I can just hear that song again its been driving me nuts.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Phyl1225

THANK YOU (yes, I'm screaming considering the time I've spent fignting with this! lol) It works beautifully! My download shows it doesn't time out until July, and I've also discovered it does not work well with live version or alternative versions of the original songs (i.e. "unplugged").  Again, thank you.  Being from Mississippi, I had considered emailing Shazam and threatening to ban them from identifying anything inspired by the blues.  That would, of course, limit them to classical music and a  very few heavy metal pieces.  However, I did plan to be a tad considerate and let them keep Amy Winehouse!    
Please use plain text.
Contributor
airshark

This appears to be an issue with the 8330m devices and RIM's App World.

Please join our thread in progress:

8330m and AppWorld

Please use plain text.
Contributor
terry1

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by terry1 on 05-14-2009 09:37 PM
Please use plain text.