Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
horny_kez
My Device: Not Specified

App World, Purchase not found. [removed personal information]

[ Edited ]
I'm starting to get really annoyed now! I purchased Vlingo Plus for my BB Storm. It appears in App World as "purchase not found". I emailed BB support who asked me to register here and post the question so hopefully I'll get a solution now. Just for information I have emailed Vlingo support who asvised me to uninstall in App World, download the free version from Vlingo.com and after speaking to it once it should detect that I have the plus version, absolute nonsense, I have tried this four times and it made no difference. It's absolutely disgusting that I have paid for something but cannot use it and have to wait so long for an answer. I shall be opening a dispute via Paypal for a refund if this is not resolved soon.
Message Edited by dany_s on 08-05-2009 04:30 PM
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: App World, Purchase not found. 102947

Hi there!

Thanks for coming back here -- it's much easier to help folks out direct in these forums rather than via the prior method...

FWIW -- there are many issues with VLingo...the instructions you received are the same that we received from VLingo to resolve the issue...and, yes, they do not work. This is an issue with VLingo rather than RIM -- VLingo certified that Plus was functional under AppWorld but, as you and many others have discovered,  such is not the case. There are folks at RIM who are looking into this and providing updates as they have them. Keep an eye out in this forum for updates from the RIM folks...hopefully we will have a resolution from VLingo soon.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but that's what we know at this time. Sorry...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
horny_kez

So what you are saying is that although I have paid for something I cannot receive it? If that is the case I shall be opening a dispute via paypal. If it is a know issue you should remove it from App World, you cannot offer something and take payment if it is not available, completely disgusting.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

"You" = Me? You want me to remove it from AppWorld? What makes you think I work for RIM -- because I don't...I'm just another user "out there" who is trying to help you out. Enjoy your day.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
horny_kez

No I mean you as in RIM, if they are aware of the problem then it should be removed from App World! Don't take it personally, but "they" cannot offer something for sale that isn't available. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

horny_kez wrote:
No I mean you as in RIM, if they are aware of the problem then it should be removed from App World! Don't take it personally, but "they" cannot offer something for sale that isn't available. Thanks
hello,

RIM was not aware that there was something wrong with the VLingo Plus software until enough people complained (both here on the forum and on the support form somewhere on blackberry.com website). I know for sure that RIM has contacted VLingo about that issue, you'll have to wait for VLingo to answer to RIM. I don't know if RIM is going to do anything about that before VLingo's answer.

I am expecting the answer and the resolution of that stupid issue, just like you. You me and sdgardne are mere BlackBerry device owners.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.