Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
drdit
My Device: BB 9810, BB Playbook

App does not work. Want my money back

Hello,

I've downloaded an app from AppWorld and have paid for it. The app just does not work. It is called SMS Answering Machine which when activated is supposed to log incoming calls and send SMS to the callers. Well, nothing happens: no calls in the log, no SMS sent, the app does not react to incoming calls. The vendor is e-Mobile Software, Inc. OK, I've sent a message to support@e-mobilesoft.com (email is the only contact option available on their site; no phone numbers). They did reply once suggesting to check the app's permissions. It did not help, the app still does not work. Since then I've sent about 3 or 4 messages to them. It's been like 10 days since. No reply. Nothing. Well, five bucks is not much, but it is a matter of principle. When I pay for something I expect to get something for my money. Now, what should I do next? Is there a way to report to RIM that the paid app available on AppWorld does not work? 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: App does not work. Want my money back

Hello,

The method to request a refund is by ringing up your mobile service provider...either they will have the ability to process a refund, or they will escalate you up to RIM and they can process it. You may need to be persistent with your carrier...some agents do not fully understand the process. If they tell you that you need to contact RIM directly, then don't let them off the hook...insist that they provide you with a method to do so, since there is no free channel for end users to make any requests to RIM at all.

As for feedback on the app, you can provide that inside of AppWorld, as well as perhaps provide it when you are in the process of requesting your refund.

You can also dispute the charge via whatever payment method you used for the purchase.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
drdit

Thanks. I do not think my carrier (Beeline) can help. It has nothing to do with RIM since I did not buy the device from the carrier. Traditonally carriers in Russia do not sell devices; you buy a device on you own, at any electronics store, it is never locked, and you can choose any carrier/plan you want. So on the negative side we usually pay the full price for devices (I've paid $700 for BB 9810) but the device is "all mine" without any restrictions. On the positive side the competing carriers offer very low prices since I can change the carrier (and retain the number, BTW) at any time.  

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, while all of that may indeed be true, I fear it is not relevant to your situation. You requested how to get a refund from a purchase you made via AppWorld. The method to get a refund is by talking to your carrier and, if they cannot do it, they escalate your request up to RIM. That is how it works. There is no method to bypass that and make your request direct to RIM yourself. Only by escalation from your carrier can you receive any attention from RIM on this matter.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
drdit

Still, I do not see what my carrier has to do with this. The device belongs to me; I've paid for the app with my credit card; the carrier has not in any way been involved in the process. The carrier does not sell BB devices and most probably has no relations to RIM at all.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

The carrier sells BB services to their customers, and AppWorld is a service bundled among all other BB-proprietary services. They were involved in the transaction by virtue of providing you services to your BB, of which AppWorld is a part. But, regardless of if they were or were not involved in the specific transaction, they remain your sole source for getting in touch with RIM in order to ask for your refund.

End users have no free path by which to directly ask RIM for anything...only via escalation through the formal support channel (which, in your situation, starts with your carrier) can you reach anyone at RIM to make your request. This is how the support model works, and all parties are contractually required to follow it. We all may wish for the methods to be different...but our wishes have no impact on the processes we are contractually bound to.

Now, all of that said, I do hope you do not discover an "untrained" agent when you do do contact your carrier...there sadly are too many of those in our world. You may need to be persistent in asking for your case to be escalated up to RIM...if the agent you reach at your carrier tells you that you need to contact RIM directly, then be sure to insist that they provide you an actual method of doing so (and, if they say to come back here, refuse that...this site is not a channel for any formal communications with, support from, nor escalation to RIM).

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
drdit

thanks a lot! I have a "Golden Status" with my carrier (for loyality; I've been using it for over 10 years) and priority service, so I hop it may help... 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Good Luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.