Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
scottishfreestyle
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: tmobile

App downloading and upgrades

Torch9800
Having problems when attempting download of Apps or their upgrades?!
Msg: There was a problem during installation. Please try again.
Battery removed several times etc keep getting same msg! (Barely had this thing go longer than a week without issues!) Pls help?
Torch 9800
T-Mobile
OS6 Bundle 2534
v6.0.0.570
Platform v6.6.0.212
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nothando
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

Re: App downloading and upgrades

Hi

I just posted something similar to this and I am having the same problem with my torch 9800. I have had this problem for more than a month now. I hope somebody can help us out hey.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
scottishfreestyle

Hi,
Did read might be an issue with latest upgrade of BB App World itself and payment method Paypal....have been into it and changed payment method to Credit Card, rebooted phone, still getting "problem with installation" !! Judging by the amounts of differing forums and tweets seeking help on Blackberry's I really wonder whatever possessed me to "upgrade" to a BB ?!?!?! Fingers crossed eh?
Torch 9800
T-Mobile
OS6 Bundle 2534
v6.0.0.570
Platform v6.6.0.212
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Here's an article that relates to your issue.  It says it's for the PlayBook but it also applies to BlackBerry phones:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26671

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scottishfreestyle

I have tried what was suggested and had NO success!!

Also this website and BB App World is attrocious!! (Maybe it doesn't like Chrome)...

Worst thing I ever decided on going for a Blackberry, no wonder RIM is in freefall!!

Torch 9800
T-Mobile
OS6 Bundle 2534
v6.0.0.570
Platform v6.6.0.212
Please use plain text.
Visitor
buyelwa
My Device: blackberry curve8520
My Carrier: louisa

I have a problem with my backberry apps can't access it I'm using a curve 8520 error80003 please help and can't seem to activate my twitter account to.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nothando
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

@ Scottish a blackberry technical service guy called Viscious responded to my post about our problem. He told me to do this: follow the steps in this KB article to resolve the issue:  www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29060.

I followed the instructions but my problem hasnt been resolved. I told him and he hasnt responded as yet.

Just try and. See if it resolves the issue in your phone

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scottishfreestyle

KB29060 link is not coming up with anything via my browser. Still huvnae got fixed and now cannae get back App World icon....!! This stupid handset just gets better and better !!
Torch 9800
T-Mobile
OS6 Bundle 2534
v6.0.0.570
Platform v6.6.0.212
Please use plain text.
Contributor
scottishfreestyle

HELP??? Come on?? Tried this Forum and via Twitter @Blackberryhelp, who pointed me to my Provider (tmobile) went into their Store yesterday and just got scratching of heads!?!? This started February with failure to Upgrade some Apps, have since lost AppWorld icon and despite numerous attempts to download this (even although showing visible via Device:Application Management) IT DOES NOT WORK. Now had suggestion to TRY Factory Reset!!?! Are Blackberry phones all Beta and available to paying customers as experimentation to what will and WON'T work??? This is a very very poor customer experience I'm having here with 9800 device!!
Torch 9800
T-Mobile
OS6 Bundle 2534
v6.0.0.570
Platform v6.6.0.212
Please use plain text.