Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

BKLIERZ
My Device: Not Specified

App will not install!!

I purchased an app and it downloaded ok, but everytime I try to install it I get an error message that says "There was a problem during the installation".  It just sits in My World as uninstalled.  I WANT MY MONEY BACK IF THIS WILL NOT WORK!!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Austinstephens

Re: App will not install!!

[ Edited ]

***The Below Email Address is for Vendor assistance ONLY.*** (Beholder)

StoreFrontManager@rim.com

These guys answer really fast.  As a vender I am waiting for my app to be tested it's taking some time so I don't think RIM's rushing anything to market.

Message Edited by Beholder on 04-02-2009 02:57 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sandmanuva

I am having similar issue with the level app.  downloads, but fails during install.  Did you figure anything out yet?
Please use plain text.
Developer
Austinstephens

I am sure help is on the way.  However, "App will not install" is not a message I would actually put in my code.

For now please go to "Options"->"About"  and post your device and version (the v4.2.172 on my Edge). 

Please use plain text.
dsalz01

I am having the same trouble installing "Platinum Solitare."  I purchased it this morning, paid with PayPal (rec'd pymt confirmation), and it is just sitting in My World saying that it is "Uninstalled."  Every time I try to "Reinstall," it says: "Completing Purchase" followed by "Downloading" followed by"Ready to Install" followed by "Installing"  (totally getting my hopes up...)

followed by "THERE WAS A PROBLEM DURING INSTALLATION."

RIM needs to get on the stick!!! If this is Apple's competition, then Apple must be laughing their heads off!!!

Please use plain text.
bblover190

Why should APPLE laugh? They hardly have two versions on one network. They force users to upgrade to have always one version. They sell and work only on one network with pre-defined speed. They play safe.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither lot of victory nor lot of defeat. -- some wise guy
Please use plain text.