Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jwca
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

AppWorld Errors - AppWorld ceased giving out Apps after they are paid for - Are they out of BUSINESS ????

"Feels" like RIM/Blackberry just went out of business.. lame email responses and no goods delivered.. I paid for 2 apps.. AppWorld application upgrade loaded up nicely (asked I I wanted it ).. Then Blackberryt AppWorld took my money and gives me error after error .. can give you what you just paid for.. WHAT ?? synch erro, there is an issue connecting with AppWorld.. not for THEIR software, but there seems to be an issue with dishing out apps that have been paid for.. The web site synchs nicely, tells me everthing i need to know about my phone - but when it comes to delivering for apps paid for... they keep my money and produce no apps.. ANYONE else have a resolution for this.. Is there someone at RIM that i can take this complaint to ? I just get canned email responses from Blackberry AppWorld: sucks Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. The email you submitted has not been delivered. Please find many alternative support options below.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jwca

Re: AppWorld Errors - AppWorld ceased giving out Apps after they are paid for - Are they out of BUSINESS ????

Purchases show up on the web site - (can't get them onto device).. But purchases do NOT show up on device when I log onto my World (appworld).. How do I get a purchased app onto my BlackBerry ?? The web site has a synch problem .. its application server DOWN ?? It synchs well with my phone (https purchase, it knows all the details about my phone incl remaining memory) - but can not or will not pass the app to my desktop... or to my device (9850) Anyone found a solution to this issue ?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: AppWorld Errors - AppWorld ceased giving out Apps after they are paid for - Are they out of BUSINESS ????

Hello,

Please try using only the on-device AppWorld interface...there are sometimes problems attempting to use the USB/PC/Browser interface to AW (which, from your posts, I think you are using...it's a bit confusing trying to understand what exact method you are attempting).

Good luck and let us know! 

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jwca

Tried that - that was my first alternative try.  THE  apps I bought and tried to instal using the laptop, are not at listed using the Torch 9850 to access AppWorld ?? The device loading idea failed because the App I wanted was NOT listed.. so I'm stuck. 

FYI  I upgraded/updated my device "AppWorld".. and the app I bought online (with laptop), still does not show up as a choice to buy directly using the phone..  I give up.. guess the AppWorld site needs more work.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

With the BB not tethered, via the on-device AppWorld, I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes).

If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.