Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
snowangelchelle
My Device: Torch 9810

Apps disappear from "My world" after newest update

I just update my phone and had it install over night last night.

I went through and re-configured all of my apps as I could  this morning (Which with a 7 month old can be a challenge) but noticed that my s2unlock app was asking for my license code. I went into my app world to retrieve it and it didn't even list the app in my installed apps, it was not listed in my uninstalled apps either. Came online to check on my App world online only to find the same thing, but I can find in my history the date that I purchased it so I have proof of that at the very least, along with the fact that the app is physically on my phone and was working as of midnight last night.

I have noticed any of my mobidala apps have now had these issues and I can't find any way to contact mobidala any more as their website doesn't exist... Help?

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Apps disappear from "My world" after newest update

hello,

usually for an app installed through BlackBerryWorld, you do not need to input the license code (the licensing is automatically managed by BBWorld during the installation of the app).

Some apps behave differently, I guess it is the case with s2unlock.

I suggest you contact the s2unlock developer and tell them about your issue. They will probably send you the license number by email.

the email address can be found here:
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/54508/

under the version number.

good luck

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Apps disappear from "My world" after newest update

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest that you clear the on-device AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes).

If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

Given what you describe, I'm actually not very hopeful for that helping...but one never can be sure...

Rather, what I suspect is this:

snowangelchelle wrote:

I just update my phone and had it install over night last night.

Whatever you updated to (I suspect a new BB OS level?) may no longer be compatible with those apps, and it is up to the app developer to update their app to support what you've updated to. While their AW catalog page states they are compatible with "Operating System: 5.0.0 or higher", it is possible that entry was made prior to the existence of the BB OS level you have updated to...and, sadly, it's up to the developer to keep their AW catalog information current and accurate. Sadly further, since you say their website isn't active anymore, that may indicate that they don't exist anymore...but I do find the support portion of their site still active:

Have you tried emailing them?

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code