Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Mrulez
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: P4

Apps issue after OS upgrade BB 9800 Torch

Hi,

I upgraded today OS of my Blackberry Torch 9800 to v. 6.0 subv. 9249. Unfortunately right now two apps disappeared from MyWorld - Fuel Economy Calculator and Quick Slide. Both were purchased by me in 2011. Could you explain why were these apps removed from my account? Fuel Economy Calc is still available on your website but I'm really not willing to pay again for soft I have already purchased.

When it comes to Quick Slide, it is no linger available and it even stopped working on the device. Please advise.

Regards,

Greg

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Apps issue after OS upgrade BB 9800 Torch

Hello,

First off, please refer to this information posted at the top of every page of this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

Next, please use a PC/Browser to view the AppWorld catalog page (while NOT logged into you BB ID on your PC) for each of your desired apps:

Fuel Economy Calculator:

I don't receive any results when I search on "Quick Slide"...perhaps it has a different name? You may have better results searching.

Review carefully the requirements for Carrier, Country, Device Model, and (likely most important in your situation) OS level. It is also possible that, when the developer released the app, it was compatible with the OS levels available at that time (e.g., something that says "Operating System: 4.6.0 or higher", if it was released pre-OS6, then it may well not be compatible with OS6). You may need to contact the developer to find out specifics.

The items should still be visible in your account, but may show as uninstalled or unavailable if they are no longer compatible with the OS level that you upgraded to.

If you still feel you need formal help with your AppWorld account, then you need to obtain formal support from BlackBerry. Formal BlackBerry support for anything at all is obtained by first contacting your mobile service provider and convincing them to escalate your case up to BlackBerry...that is the only way to receive free formal support from BlackBerry for anything, including AppWorld issues.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mrulez
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: P4

HI sdgardne!

Thanks for reply. The problem with the QuickSlide is that for sure it was available (I still have the app on my device but it stopped working) and now it completely disappeared from MyWorld.
You can see some discussion mentioning this app here:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/Looking-for-a-working-app-lock-for-BB-Torch/...
Boomer56 gave a link to the app.

I must say that 'support forum' on official BB website sounds quite misleading. I expected support people to monitor and review issues raised. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I don't think my carrier will fill like escalating my issue to BlackBerry...

Cheers,
Greg
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: QuickSlide...it is possible that the developer has removed it...but you must ask them that question (if you can find them).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.