Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
adrian81
My Device: Storm 9530
Accepted Solution

Appworld Problem

I tried to download Patter Lock Lite for my wifes BB Storm and its stuck on the starting download part. Its been like that for about 2 weeks now and I also think its causing her phone to drag or run slow. I have already uninstalled Appworld twice and it still there, I did the batt pull more than twice. So dont know what else to do............. Thanks for your help.

Adrian

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
IraIHB
My Device: BB Storm 9530 US Verizon BIS

Re: Appworld Problem

I ran into the same problem yesturday when downloading "FreeTips".  I open App World then click My World and the top entry is "FreeTips" stuck on "Starting to Download". Won't go away. I can still download other things but this has to be slowing things down.

I could use some help with this too.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
IraIHB

I have e-mailed "App World" support. I will post when they get back to me.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
IraIHB

I haven't heard back from support but I found the solution. You have to clear the "Application Cache". Here is how:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World
3.Hit menu then show keyboard. Then turn the Storm to horizontal keyboard.

4.Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then hit 34(

If your Storm locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

If someone assists you with an issue, please thank them by clicking "kudos" in those posts.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adrian81
My Device: Storm 9530

Thanks alot that worked. How did you figure that out??

Adrian

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
IraIHB

I just went to the search box on this forum and entered "App World download stuck frozen". Found threads like thses and others:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=appworld&message.id=2666&query.id=673...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=appworld&message.id=3724&query.id=673...

That is exactly what this forum is for. If you have a problem there is a very good chance that one of the other users had the same problem and solved it before.

Lol, App World customer support has still not e-mailed me back. It's been 2 days.

If someone assists you with an issue, please thank them by clicking "kudos" in those posts.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Please use plain text.