Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Airz_dudaz
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB 8520 app world

Hi,

I purchased a blackberry 8520 today was really chuffed with my purchase and i love the phone.

But when it came to me getting the app world i keep getting the same error message saying my phone is not supported, when it should be its the required version.

I am really confused and stressed with this now im with orange and have unlimted internet and soon unlimited blackberry service. However when i try to download the app through my pc and install it on my phone i get this error message,

axError.gif

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World.

I am really confused now after searching the website i have found no answers to the question. Dispite the smartphone section saying BB8520 app world download under this phone.

What are BB playing at? if i cant have it why advertise saying i can?

HELP im almost pulling my hair out

thanks

Aeron

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB 8520 app world

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Leave you hair in place...:smileytongue:

See this:

Make sure you meet all conditions. Contact your carrier about what they require you to subscribe to (service plan level) in order for you to have access to AppWorld.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Airz_dudaz

i have all of the requirements but im confused about the track things i have the track pad.

But under the phone 8520 on the section it says download the app world. it must be my service provider at the moment but i contacted them and they said i have to wait 24 hours for the money to be taken out of my account for the BB service.

which i am confused about because normally when money is involved they take it before telling you lol

thanks for the info ill just wait for orange to get itself into gear tomorrow and if not then ill complain to them.

aeron

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

hello Aeron !

we are still waiting for your feedback, are you a happy BlackBerry user now ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Airz_dudaz

Hi sorry its been a while. Yeah they sorted it out after they made me jump through a few hoops but after that I love it ill never go back to another phone again :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Visitor
xzeven
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: rogers

So what's the answer? I have all requirements, provider says I should be able to DL app world....

~ Irritating!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
FA1SGL
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

You have an 8520 with the appropriate OS, you are in a country on the available list, you have a Blackberry data plan (not generic)....not listing the specifics of your individual problem makes it hard to determine what would be precluding your being able to download App World.

Unfortunately some "providers" will sell "their data plan" which might allow basic access but if it doesn't allow for you to register your phone with Blackberry Internet Service you are locked out.

If you have your device on a corporate BES your IT department could be the cause of your problems.  It's all in the details.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
dsiist
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

please help i have the same problem what did you do to resolve it ? And did you get app world working on the phone

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
japra
My Carrier: XL

reinstall it from http://m.blackberry.com using your browser..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Airz_dudaz

I resolved it by calling up the customer services several times. 

it all worked when they activated the blackberry service on my account which is like the internet. 

after they did that everything worked on the handset seamlessly. 

Please use plain text.