Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800

BB Maps Not showing Map Details

<br>hello ppl<br><br>I just recently purchased a brand new BB Bold 9900. It is working fine except that am facing two problems.<br><br>The first one is:<br>The BB Maps icon is not showing in the main menu or any sub-folder. But when I search for it, it appears on the extended search<br><br>Second problem is:<br>The application is not showing any details on the map like streets, towns... etc. The GPS signal have no problem and it locates my position<br><br>My BB details 9900/7.1.0.342 (B1149)<br>Can any one help me with that?<br>
Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: BB Maps Not showing Map Details

If you have access to a computer try to delete and reinstall the BB Maps from your device using the Desktop Software and a USB cable.

Don't forget to make a back-up file first!!

Cheers.
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860

Hello people. I have the same problem. But I tried what you told him to do. I was able to backup "Maps" on my computer but when I tried to delete BB Maps by clicking "Applications" (on desktop software) I coudn't find BB Maps there. Any help would be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800

Up to now I did what you told but nothing happened thank you for replay hopefully anyone can help with some idea