Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: 9360

BB protect & security wipe

This wot I no....
U can lock ur phn, u can block ur phn nd u must also suspend ur BB pin with ur service provider if its lost or stolen....

On ur own using BB protect u can also ,lock ur nd trace it, but anyone(who is fimiliar with BB) cn disable the trace function of BB protect or jst do a security wipe.

The question
How cn I prevent this ....

Desired outcome
I want to use BB protect to trace ma phn if lost/stolen (with the help of the police ofcourse, lol)
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: BB protect & security wipe

The only way to prevent unauthorized use of your phone is to lock it with a password when not in use.

However, even still, it can be wiped and reused by someone else but they won't be able to access your data.

If lost or stolen, you can use BB Protect but if the device is turned off, or wiped, it's useless. All you can do at that point is have your carrier block the pin/imei.

Note: It is poor forum etiquette to post in text-speak. It makes your post quite difficult to understand. Please type full words when making posts. There is no 140 character limit on a forum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: 9360

Thanx for the reply.....

I realised that once ur phone is gone u will never get it back... Nd there is nothing u cn do abt it.....
Its frustrating the c... Out of me....BB protect disapointing...
But I will figure sumthing out ..mayb thers an App out ther
Tanx evryone for your support

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

There is no app since any app can be uninstalled...just as with BB Protect.

And please...drop the text speak! It is irritating.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!