Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
suhaibnasir
My Device: Z10

BB7 force tie in with BBID

The fact that BB7+ uses the BB "cloud" to back up contact list and doesn't give you a local/remote back up option and you MUST by default HAVE TO HAVE it linked to your BBID is just GARBAGE.

I've been a LOYAL BlackBerry user since the 1st Bold back in the day cause as a Canadian I want to support a local company but never have I been more disappointe than with this BB7 nonses during my switch from my Old Curve to Z10

I like an **bleep** wanted to use the BBID to do the device-switch and forgot my password and the recovery question so I found the original eMail and deleted my BBID inorder to use the same eMail to sign up for my BBID again thinking all will be well. WRONG. BBID is tied to your device NOT your eMAIL account which is TOTALLY STUPID cause what if I lose my device or it gets stolen....The whole idea of having info on the cloud is that it isn't device specific and I should be able to move info freely once I authenticate myself (to which if one forgets their BBID password and recovery question...isn't it LOGICAL Blackberry people to send a password reset link to the associated eMail account. Everyone in the WORLD uses that as an option as well...but you guy...No. You *have* to be different!)

So now since I've deleted my old BBID on my Curve I have no access to BB7 cause I get asked to sign into BBID every NANOSECOND on it and there is no remote/local CL back-up option to boot so I do the device switch using BBLINK and since I've re-created my BBID on my new Z10 I use that to see if I can do a CL import but that's not gonna happen.

So no I downgrade to BB6 and I am backup-Nazi...but the one time I forget to back up my lastest CL is this time and I have a backup from mid-June. A month ago and I've had at least 10 new BBPins added since which I have no record of.

Now I have to resort my CL. Wipe the new Z10 and do a device switch AGAIN. All because YOU HAVE FORCED BBID onto me without giving me the option to backup my CL locally/remotely.

I "get" you're trying to do the Apple thing with Cloud-Computing BUT even Apple gives the option to do local backups instead of OTA syncing to Cloud. And doesn't force Cloud on you.

Disappointed. 

S.

Suhaib Jamal Nasir