Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
HRP92
My Device: Blacberry Bold 9790

BBM 7- HELP!

Hi, I have just upgraded to BBM7 with BBM voice and it will not register with the Blackberry messenger service.

The screen just has "Associating BBM with Blackberry ID"

And I get the error message:
"Blackberry Messenger failed to register with the Blackberry Messenger service. Registration is necessary to use the features of this application. Please ensure your device time is correctly set, open the My Profile screen and check the Blackberry Messenger registration status" 

The other fuctions were working properly.. i.e. I could talk to people on chat.

now they are not

I can't find a solution anywhere for this. 

Please help! 

New Contributor
curveowner2011
My Device: Curve 9300 3g
Contributor
grampy-elvis
My Device: 9790 Bold

Re: BBM 7- HELP!

I downloaded 7. BBM (messenger) and much to my dismay or any help from Black Berry . My fairly new Bold now cycles the wifi on and off killing my battery with no way of stopping it . Can't get any help or resolution or SUPPORT . Tired of trying to find a problem that as far as I know they created on MY phone . Spent almost 2 days and still nothing . I did try to contact BB but got the try the support area deal !!!!! fustrated as hell and makes me want to rethink my phone purchases next time !!! Going to provider tonight a tell them they can deal with it !! I HATE UPGRADES that DOWNGRADE..Maybe my phones screwed up at the exact same time as the upgrade ?

xiestrella
My Device: torch 9800

Just updated my bb torch 9800 with bbm 7 and now i can`t see my contacts.

The following is the error message I am getting - Cannot set up bbm. Insufficient wireless coverage or your connection to the wireless network in turn off.

I don't have a data plan on it, but the device its successfully connected to my home network.

Thanks for your help.

X

New Contributor
curveowner2011
My Device: Curve 9300 3g

Hello xiestrella . I am only guessing here but I think you are mixing up a connection to your 'home network' with a connection to 'blackberry internet service' via a data plan from your phone network provider (orange). As far as I am aware you cannot use BBM without a data plan as well. If you have data turned off on your phone I suggest you turn it on and see what happens, If it still doesn't work I suggest you contact your phone/network provider to see if they can advise you or follow the link to my post in another part of the forums to roll back your phone to an earlier version..
Contributor
HRP92

curveowner2011  is right, if you do not have a data plan on your phone you cannot use BBM on your phone with just a wifi connection. You must have the Blackberry bolt on on your mobile contract

Contributor
HRP92

[ Edited ]

grampy-elvis   I've seen other people on the forum with this issue after upgrading also, I think it is due to this shoddy excuse for an 'upgrade'

I have had a blackberry for just over a year now and I'm regretting my choice not to get an iPhone purly because of the issues i'm having now, having not encountered any in the past other than the mass loss of bbm services the majority of blackberry users experienced earlier this year. 

I should have stuck with apple as I have used their products for years and know them to be reliable. The only reason for me not to was because me and touch screens don't go well together, but I think when it's time for an upgrade I'm just going to switch.