Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

BBM 7 Voice Chat Requirement

I have a 6 months BIS on a pre-paid simcard. As I do not need to call, text or data (non-BIS), I have not recharge it ... but GOOD though as my BIS is still functioning 100%; i.e. BBM, BB Browsing, etc, are all in good order.

I have just updated to BBM 7 knowing that it gives me BBM Voice Chat .... this will "presumably" give me more freedom by "merely" subscribing to BIS. When I tried to call "by tapping on Phone Sign", it always shows "Make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi and Try Again" while I am connected to Wi-Fi.

Can anyone help me or share ideas with me on this ? Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: BBM 7 Voice Chat Requirement

can you try at another place than your home?

for instance a HotSpot at McDonald's or Starbucks Coffee ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: BBM 7 Voice Chat Requirement

if you're getting the error then BBM Voice Chat is not going to work for you.

there is a work around if you manually enter the IP address of your device on the wifi network into yuor network settings (see: :: iMudassir: BBM 7 - Features & bug fixes) BUT you have to do this for every wifi network you connect to. so unless you only want to use it at say home or the office it's basically unuseable.

i have the problem and having given up.

seeing as RIM are so desperately trying to regain market share a mistake like this is a serious oopsy