Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
mdgreaves
My Device: bold 9700

BBM 7 not working on 9700

I saw a msg to update to new bbm 7 I did that and when it was to set up it gave me an error and therefore would not setup. I saw a link to the 6.2 and I dl it but when I try to use it my msgs won't go through and my frens list icons and blank. I need some help. Why can't bbm 7 work on my phone? OS 6 bundle 3049
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BBM 7 not working on 9700

Hi mdgreaves

Can you share the complete error message you got while trying to setup BBM7 ?

mdgreaves wrote:
Why can't bbm 7 work on my phone? OS 6 bundle 3049

BBM7 works on a Bold 9700 , if you already have an active BIS on your account then you can use it without any issue .Meanwhile can you try those steps again to download BBM 7 on your device !

To do that  first On your Homescreen go to Options> Device > Aplication Management > Delete those Application from that list .

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Once it is done perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait a min then reinsert it back.

Finally after reboot use your BlackBerry browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/bbmdownload and download the most recent available for your device.

Please Note :

If you're having BBM7 or higher then your BBM Contacts are integrated with your BlackBerry ID , after installing when you login with your BlackBerry ID your Contacts will be restored back , but if you're having any previous persion then first do a local backup , you can backup in your Media card, refer to this KB for further  help

KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mdgreaves

Its still not working. When will a new update be released?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

mdgreaves wrote:

Its still not working. When will a new update be released?

Hi there,

By saying " Its still not working ' I cannot guess anything ! While downloading or Installing or while running if you're getting any error message then share the complete error message .

Have you been using BBM before this Update ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mdgreaves

Yes, I've been using bbm before the update. I will try again and post the error message. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mdgreaves

I installed it again and now I'm trying to restore using backup file from device.However, it is telling me that it cannot restore BBm as the backup file has already been used to restore BBM with another device or blackberry ID. It is telling me to choose another restore option, or delete device data and sign in with the blackberry ID that I used to restore BBM

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mdgreaves

I tried recovery using email and its telling me to try again later. I am currently registered with BBM service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few minutes.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

Currently which version of BBM you installed in your device ? 

If you download BBM 7 or higher then everything will be restored related to BBM when we use your same BlackBerry ID then it will be restored back.

mdgreaves wrote:

However, it is telling me that it cannot restore BBm as the backup file has already been used to restore BBM with another device or blackberry ID. It is telling me to choose another restore option, or delete device data and sign in with the blackberry ID that I used to restore BBM

The error message indicates that your BlackBberry ID has already been used ! So can you confirm have you used your BlackBerry ID with any other BlackBerry ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mdgreaves

No. This is my first and only BB, so I don't know why it would say that. How can I move forward in setting up the BBM? How do I go around this?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mdgreaves

I just installed BBM 7. That is the one that have been giving problem to setup.
Please use plain text.