Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
mdgreaves
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: digicel jamaica

Re: BBM 7 not working on 9700

It says my bbm contact lit will now b associated with bbID. I click continue and it went to restoring bbm and then gave that error. Now its back to the enter display name screen. So how do I get it to setup?.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

OK.. Do you still have a backup of your BBM contact list locally on your media card as I suggested to do on my first post ?

If you have a backup of your BBM contact list then try this again :

Delete BBM 7 from Options >  Device > Application Management > delete BBM 7 from that list , Reboot your device after that , then use your BlackBerry browser and browse to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=bbm6 and download BBM6.2 . 

After Installing BBM6.2 restore your Contacts etc from your backup . First open BBM and check if your contacts are restored . 

KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

If everything goes normal then again use your BlackBerry browser and browse to  www.blackberry.com/bbmdownload  and download BBM 7 ( while doing so you may get a prompt that " If you want to replace the existing version ",  Click YES , Installation will continue  and after installation your device may restart , when you open BBM you will be prompted to login with your BlackBerry ID and password , use the same crediantial then see if that restores everything .

Can you try it again .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mdgreaves

the bbm setup but I dont have any contact in it. I had backup before using the BB desktop software, Can I restore my contacts from there?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mdgreaves

So it finally setup but none of my contacts are there. I had a previous BBID but I changed it because I couldn't remember my password. Now I'm trying to restore using the desktop and it is telling me it cant, and I should delete the device data or sign in with the BBID assigned it to. How do I restore my contacts?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

[ Edited ]

mdgreaves wrote:
I had backup before using the BB desktop software, Can I restore my contacts from there?

That's nice .. If you have a backup while using prior version of BBM then please refer to this post by Xandrex http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/New-BBM-7-Update-Now-Available-Ge...

Go through the link and try as suggested on step # 4  to restore your contacts .

Edited 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

mdgreaves wrote:

So it finally setup but none of my contacts are there. I had a previous BBID but I changed it because I couldn't remember my password. Now I'm trying to restore using the desktop and it is telling me it cant, and I should delete the device data or sign in with the BBID assigned it to. How do I restore my contacts?

Hey mdgreaves

But this is not fair :smileysad:

First read this article : How This Site Works (e.g., Volunteers)

I clearly asked if you're using the same BlackBerry ID that you used before on message 8  ! But you never said that you 're using a different BBID ! We are just volunteers .. If you don't provide the correct information we can't move ahead toward any solution .

On such situation the advice that I suggested on my previous post may not work so I have to edit or erase that post 

mdgreaves wrote:

Now you're in a complete different situation , Have you wipe your device or deleted your previous BBID before using your new BBID ? 

If you have anything else that you did with your device or BBID then first share with us so that we can try helping you with your problem.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mdgreaves

Sorry about that. I used mad4u19@hotmail.com for my BBID until my service expired. Few months later when I got back service it asked me BBID password I didn't remember it so I changed it. I don't know how to wipe BBID from device, and I'm not sure if changing it actually wipe the previous from the phone. That is the only thing I have ever done to it, i.e. change the ID.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Few points we should note .. that we cannot use multiple BlackBerry ID on our BlackBerry at the same time , Now can you confirm a few things :

• After changing your BlackBerry ID have you used  BBM ?

• If you did a backup of your BBM contacts either using desktop software or on your media card after using the new BlackBerry ID ? 

• Currently are you able to access your BlackBerry ID ? From the home screen of the BlackBerry, click the Options icon  > Choose Third Party Applications  > Choose BlackBerry ID. > Are you able to access it with your new BBID ? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mdgreaves

Yes I used BBm after changing the ID. Yes I did a back up on my device via email and remotely, and on desktop. I can access the BBID from the instructions you gave.It shows BBID account info.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zukile
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Student

How Do you Register With BlackBerry Messenger service, Because I just bought a new Headset and it keeps saying registration failed! Now I can't view any Display Pictures or connect other APPS to BBM! HELP PLEASE!
Please use plain text.