Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BBM 7 not working on 9700

mdgreaves wrote:
Yes I used BBm after changing the ID. Yes I did a back up on my device via email and remotely, and on desktop. I can access the BBID from the instructions you gave.It shows BBID account info.

Hi mdgreaves

Sorry for the delay ! 

Regarding your issue , If you used BBM after using a new BlackBerry ID and also have a backup then try this and see if it helps in resolving your issue .

Do a current backup of your device using Desktop Software , then perform a security wipe .For help refer to this Knowledge Base   KB14058 .

After the wipe use your use the BlackBerry ID that you're using now . Restore your data like Contacts , Calender entries , memos etc. from the backup that you did before performing a wipe .Use selective restore for this purpose . Also Intergrate the email account which your used to do a backup of your BBM contacts previously . Now connect your device and run desktop software  and try to restore your BBM contacts from those backup using Selective Restore .

Can you try that .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Elite II
prince2012

zukile wrote:
How Do you Register With BlackBerry Messenger service, Because I just bought a new Headset and it keeps saying registration failed! Now I can't view any Display Pictures or connect other APPS to BBM! HELP PLEASE!

Hi zukile

Refer to this KB article on how to register our device with our Carrier Network :

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

If you're unable to recieve any registration message then you have to call or contact your carrier to know about the issue  ( Provided you already have an active BIS in your account )

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
mdgreaves
My Device: bold 9700

If I back up on the desktop wouldnt the previous backup stored on desktop be deleted and replaced with the current data?

Elite II
prince2012

No it won't replace your previous backups, after a recent backup if you open the backup folder you'll see those backups that you did.