Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
StephenMower
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Cell C

BBM Display Picture Update

Hi, can someone please explain to me why my BBM display picture WILL NOT update on my contacts handsets? It shows it changed on my phone but will not change on my contacts phones. have tried just a about everything. 

1. Re-register host routing tables

2. Had my carrier Cell C resend my service books

3. Hard reboot (duuh) first thing

4. Upgraded my BBM

5. Downgraded my BBM

6. Upgraded to Beta 6.2

7. I do NOT have more than 100 contacts, I have 51

8. My carrier Cell C updated my PIN on their BIS server

9. Deselected link bbm contatcs picture with contact pictures

10. WAITED and been paitent for 31 days now

11. Upgraded and Downgraded my phone software

If anyone has any solution... Ie. RIM!!! please respond and fix this issue since my carrier has faild!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bk_browne
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: BBM Display Picture Update

Hi! I have the exact same problem! I even added myself on bbm to monitor the problem. My dp updates on my bbm but not on the bbm of my contacts. And I can't see their dps unless they update them. Personal Messages and Status Messages work just fine. I'v tried everything you listed. I even deleted facebook, deleted bbm, rebbooted and re-installed bbm on my device. Suprisingly, it worked for a while and then it stopped again. I got my fone on 17th Mar 2012 and its a Bold 9780. Any help would be appreciated and RIM had better do something quick!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
StephenMower
My Device: Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

I had numerous phone calls to my carrier regarding this # up..... After a month of them and posting on BB support sites, forums and no response form RIM or BB, I did a security wipe, backed up my phone, wiped it and restored it. NOW ITS WORKING!!! :Censored:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bk_browne

Wow, really?! Guess I'l try that today and I really hope it works. Thanks for the feedback! I'd let u know how it goes.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bk_browne

Hey! My bbm is working perfectly well! I didn't do the security wipe tho. I just deleted it, rebooted and re-installed it. However this time, it dint ask for a reboot! It just downloaded n continued working like normal and the dp updated and this is 2 days after n its stil working!
Please use plain text.
AhmedBhayla
My Device: Curve 9320

Display picture hasn't been changing for the fifth day now...I have removed my battery and switched it on ...but nothing has help...really stumped now!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
winmarx
My Device: blackberry 9300 3G
My Carrier: Vodacom

Mail was making its rounds to broadcast a number or this would happen. Unfortunately I've broadcasted to all my contacts to be safe and deleted the number. Contact RIM
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,883
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

winmarx wrote:
Mail was making its rounds to broadcast a number or this would happen. Unfortunately I've broadcasted to all my contacts to be safe and deleted the number. Contact RIM

RIM does NOT and has NEVER sent out broadcast messages to anyone instructing them to do something "or all your BBM contacts will freeze" or anything to that extent. Never.

Ignore those messages. The people sending those messages to you are laughing heartily.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.