Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
femi_m
My Device: Torch 9810
Accepted Solution

BBM Display Pictures Not Changing

I noticed that when I try to change my display pictures it does not actually get updated in the network. That is, people still see my old display picture instead of the new one. Now it's happening to multiple users on my BBM. I can see people updating their profile messages complaining that theirs isn't changing either.

I thought it was a carrier related thing, but people using different carriers have complained of the same. Can someone please advise or escalate this?

I'm in Nigeria, and I'm on the Airtel network. Thanks in advance.
New Contributor
safia111
My Device: 9300 curve

Re: BBM Display Pictures Not Changing

Mine Is Not Updating Aswell

New Contributor
femi_m

What country are you in?
sdonny
My Device: curve

I'm having the exact same problem and it's driving me crazy. Anybody know how to fix it? I've done bcs, reinstalled and updated bbm and rebooted my phone many times but it's still the same.

NEED HELP! OR FIX IT!!!!!!!!!"

soph :Censored: 

New Contributor
karenwisely25
My Device: blackberry 8520

im haveing the exact same problem some people are haveing the problem and some people arent i think its something to do with rim they need to get it fixed iv changed my display pic so much times im sick of changeing it
New Contributor
leticiadt1
My Device: bold 9900

I'm having same problem is there no solution.?
New Contributor
karenwisely25
My Device: blackberry 8520

i dont think there is im fed up of trying to look and see if theres anything been getting done about this how do i get in contact with rim
New Contributor
femi_m

The problem has been fixed. I can now change my display picture. I guess it was a temporary problem. You can try yours now, and try it with a display picture different from the one you have...

I guess the morale of the story is, if multiple people are having these kinda issues, just wait a bit; the folks at RIM will notice & get it fixed.

Deuces!
laauureen24
My Device: blackberry 8250

the exact same is happening to me.. ive rebooted my phone 3 times, updated appworld, turned off my phone, taken my battery out, removed my dp and everything..
nothing works-.-
ive also seen other contacts of mine complaining that there dp isnt changing either.
ive added myself on bbm to obviously compare and that..
if anyone can give suggestions or know the soloution.. i will love you forever.

stickswit
My Device: 9810

my display picture isnt changing i use 9810.i am fed up i have tried hard reset stil no chage please help i live in russia.