Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

shivaseegobin
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Digicel

BBM For Windows Phone

David Proulx, BlackBerry’s Senior Director of BBM Business Development made a statement according to winbeta.org as well as a few other sites that  it doesn't make sense at this time to develop the app for Windows phone until there is sufficient numbers worth their while.

I would like to know what that number is for that demand that he has. I would also like to know how he could possibly know that number.

And as a Senior Director of Business Development he should know 2 things most importantly.

1. Never tell the public that people will download your app and not use it. 

2. If the app is from the company you work for, never say you downloaded it and didn't continue to use it because a competeting app is on all platforms and your isn't, so you will use whatsapp instead. Especially since you're part of the reason why it isn't on all of the platforms. Worse yet when your product is a superior one.

Myself as a long time Blackberry supporter, mostly because of the BBM and the fact that emails come in faster on a Blackberry and of course the security factors, I finally gave up my Blackberry because I downloaded a GPS app called Waze which made my phone crash several times in one day and then never functioned properly after that.

I then tried out the Iphone and the Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4 and then I was introduced to the Nokia 520 Phone. Now, I had a Nokia in the late 90's as did many others and they were well built phones. After playing around with the Windows phone I realized I liked the fact that it functioned better than the iphone and was smaller than the Samsung S3 and S4. 

I was then told that Blackberry was launching the BBM app to other phones, that day it came on stream to Android and Iphone. 

Anyway I took the chance and took the Nokia. Not realizing, although the camera has a great picture, it doesn't have a flash, then I realized it didn't have the Waze app nor did it have Instagram and since BBM was only just launched for Android and IOS there was no way it would be available for Windows yet, but I held some hope.

Since then Instagram and Waze have been created for the Windows Phone. I use them both on my phone. I am very happy with my phone, if a newer version of it were to come out I would buy it again, this time it would have to have a flash and BBM, but same size,maybe a faster operation speed and more memeroy space.

If BBM doesn't come onto all the platforms people will revert to whatsapp as it is on all the platforms.

If someone already speaking to  7 people on whatsapp in a chat, they won't have the same chat on BBM when only 5 out of 7 can be spoken to on whatsapp, just saying...

Long story short. Get BBM on all Platforms make sure it functions as well as it did for all the years people used Blackberry's and you will be the top used app. Your window of time is closing.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BBM For Windows Phone

Good day

Where to start? I don't know what you mean by 'Your window of time is closing." If you've been watching lately BlackBerry has been making new moves to secure new customers and added new faces to the BB team.

Also just be advise no actual BlackBerry employee will review this post.

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.