Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
BethMaisie
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: 02
Accepted Solution

BBM Icon Missing

I got a Blckberry Curve 9360 for Christmas and I couldnt have BBM until it switched over. I had to wait until the 24th January, so on that day, I deleted the icon, as I've done before, but now it says installed on Blackberry app world and I have no idea how to restore it, I've tried desktop manager but I dont know how I would do it using that. Can someone help?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM Icon Missing

Hi BethMaisie

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you are having problem on locating BBM icon on your device then try reinstalling it again, but first delete any version of BBM from your device , for that On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there.

After deleting do a Battery Pull Restart like this device POWERED ON remove the battery wait a min. then re-insert it back . After reboot from your BlackBerry Browser browse to  www.blackberry.com/bbm and download it again.If device prompt for a restart do it .If still unable to view BBM icon on your Homescreen check this Knowledge Base :

KB23968 BlackBerry Messenger icon disappears from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BethMaisie

[ Edited ]

Thank you, but Blackberry Messenger doesnt show up on Application Managment, it says no applications, but on blackberry app world, still says installed?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi BethMaisie

If on application management you are unable to find BlackBerry Meggenger then just do a battery pull reboot and Click on the above link from your BlackBerry browse , if you have any version of BBM installed then while downloading it will prompt you if you want to replace the existing version , click on Yes , see if that helps

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BethMaisie

Thank you, I've took the battery out and put it back in and its still not showing up?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi BethMaisie

As suggested from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/bbm to download BlackBerry Messenger again on your device .

Try that and let us know .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BethMaisie

Thank you so much! My icon is back and my BBM is working:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello BethMaisie

You are welcome and its nice to hear that your BBM is working again :smileyhappy:

Cheers !

Please use plain text.