Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Arian_T
My Device: 9900 TBold
My Carrier: MTN

BBM Picture send but not received

Sending BBM V7 contacts pictures on a regular basis, however I find that over 50% of the time I can send a picture, while standing right next to them, they do not recieve the picture, however if I send it via WhatsApp, MMS text message or email, they immediately get it. Experiencing this problem constantly. It has been happening on the current release of BBM, is not OS dependant (been updated) and same picture sending works on WhatsApp, Email and MMS. Definitely a BBM Version 7.0.1.23 problem/bug - BBM shows that the picture was sent successfully, however the recipient receives nothing. A reset/battery-pull of the "sender's" phone resolves the problem and picture sending works again for a while.

Anybody with input to add?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BBM Picture send but not received

[ Edited ]

Hi Arian_T,

So if I understand correctly:

• You send the photo
  • Photo doesn't appear on your friend's device
  • You reset your device
  • The photo then appears on your friend's device

Correct?

Are they able to send a photo to you without any problems?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Arian_T
My Device: 9900 TBold
My Carrier: MTN

Re: BBM Picture send but not received

[ Edited ]

No, not correct. I don't receive pics from friends. After a reset of their own phone, they have to resend the pic again. On top of this we regularly get "input system error"'s which requires also a reset of the phone (ie battery pull).

As a point of interest, the OS version applicable is 7.1.0.912 (7.1.0.2508) and BBM 7.0.1.23 with 8gb memory cards. This combo guaranteed has the issues mentioned.

Please use plain text.