Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
ALC3653
My Device: Bold

BBM: Suddenly can't message one contact

I live in the U.S. and have been using BBM on my work Blackberry to communicate with a friend in Argentina for 9 months.  All of a sudden, at the beginning of January, I was no longer able to send him messages or receive messages from him.  A "check mark" appears next to the outgoing BBM message, but it never is delivered.  And I have not received messages he has sent.  I tried sending him a PIN message, but that didn't work either.

I have tried a hard re-start of my Blackberry and made sure that I have the most recent BBM software.  Nothing works.  I can send and receive BBM messages and PIN messages with my co-workers, but not with him.

Any suggestions for what could be causing this?  Thanks.

ALC

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: BBM: Suddenly can't message one contact

Is that person able to use bbm with other people?

My Device: Bold

Yes.  Just not with me. :-(

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Thats really odd.  What has he tried so far?  have you guys deleted and tried to readd each other?

My Device: 8520 curve

Hi
I am sitting with the same problem basically.I am in South africa and this person on jersey island (south of france)he receives my messages but I don't receive his replies.we have tried deleting and reinviting by pin message .nothing.I have deleted bbm and have reloaded and tried again to no avail.I can still talk to all my other contacts.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Andrewredmond
My Device: Blackberry 9930

I am having same problem. With one contact, my bbms and invitations (we have tried deleting and re-adding each other multiple times) say they are being delivered (show a D, appear to be sent) but he can't see them. I can see his messages though, and we are able to send PIN messages. Please help!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hardemii
My Device: Blackberry 8520

I am having this same issue too. Ever since I switched providers, I have noticed that all my contacts outside Nigeria can't communicate with me through BBM. It will show the D sign but I can't see their own reply. Have tried re-adding one of this my many contacts who are not in Nigeria but the problem still persists. Please help me out!!!
Please use plain text.
MaxWorks
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

I am having the same problem. Any one found a solution?

As for the others, this happened to with a contact that I have been messaging with no problems for months...

Please use plain text.
TimeRush
My Device: BB Q10 - SQN100-1

I have a BlackBerry q10 n my gf has a bold 9900 we used to talk through bbm and all of a sudden I stop getting messages from her when I ping her she recives it but when she does she sees a red X n it's just for me... I don't see any status updates from her either

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vikeshsingh
My Device: pearl 9105

did you sort the peoblem out coz i have the exact same problem
Please use plain text.