Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
My Device: bb 9900 bold

BBM Update!!!!! please help!!!!!!

So i updated my BBM today and then my phone asks me to put in my personal log in so an email and a password i cant remember my password!! But i cant acess to change my password as i foolishly set this up under an email that doesnt exist!!

Stupid i know i did it under jenrobbo instead of jenrobbo85 what an **bleep**, and it wont let me change this email without the password so a vicious circle

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Driving me insane, cant live without my BBM

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: BBM Update!!!!! please help!!!!!!

Is it the BlackBerry I'd passwordyour trying to change if it is type BBID on homescreeb brings up options icon click that and should bring up BlackBerry I'd go into that and it shows all your details go to change password go into that and in blue writing on bottom it says forgotten password click that will ask you to comfirm your BlackBerry ID username should be in the box automatically then after that it asks for your recovery question put that in and then you should be able to reset your password
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: BBM Update!!!!! please help!!!!!!

jenrobbo wrote:

So i updated my BBM today and then my phone asks me to put in my personal log in so an email and a password i cant remember my password!! But i cant acess to change my password as i foolishly set this up under an email that doesnt exist!!

Stupid i know i did it under jenrobbo instead of jenrobbo85 what an **bleep**, and it wont let me change this email without the password so a vicious circle

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Driving me insane, cant live without my BBM

You will need to create a new BBID with a legitimate email address.  If you cannot access the email address used to set up your BBID you will ne be able to receive the password reset email. 

Once you've done that you'll need to login to your BB with the new BBID.  It's not a simple process.  Here is the info on how to do that:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26694

JamesHawks wrote:
Is it the BlackBerry I'd passwordyour trying to change if it is type BBID on homescreeb brings up options icon click that and should bring up BlackBerry I'd go into that and it shows all your details go to change password go into that and in blue writing on bottom it says forgotten password click that will ask you to comfirm your BlackBerry ID username should be in the box automatically then after that it asks for your recovery question put that in and then you should be able to reset your password

It's always great to have people willing to help.  Be sure to learn up a bit before answering questions as your response is incorrect in this case.  Also, please try and add some punctuation to your posts.  This will help others decypher your post. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!