Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM Voice Chat

If that solution does not work for you, delete in this manner...

Go to Options > Device > Application Management.

Scroll to and delete BlackBerry Messenger.

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Now, using your BlackBerry browser, navigate to www.blackberry.com/bbm and install Messenger again from that link.

Sign in your BlackBerryID and once connected, try Voice again when you get a GREEN voice icon on the BBM screen with a contact.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
AlainAyache
My Device: Bold 9900

It seems that this problem has to do with this particular version cause I am encountering the same problem with my BB 9900. When I first installed it it worked perfectly and then it stopped by itself. I tried all what has been suggested above but still nothing. However it works still with the Torch II. So the problem should reside with a certain Incompatibility with the Bold 9900. This is not funny for heavy users and fierce defender of BB guys like me! I am starting to serioulsly question the solidity of RIM products and the viability of BB. This is the best way to push BB fans to switch to iPhones and Android-based phones. So make a real effort and solve this issue please. We still cannot use BBM voice on Bold 9900.
JSanders

Alain, what version of BBM are you using?

What error do you encounter?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
AlainAyache

I am using the latest one: 7.0.126. And the latest operating system on my 9900 the one that has been uploaded by my desktop manager.
New Contributor
AlainAyache

OS versiob 7.1.0. Bundle 2.1.0.8. BBM version: 7.0.0.126
JSanders

That version should work fine.

Try turning off and back on your WiFi connection.

Do you have an BBM7 contact to test this with?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
AlainAyache

I tried all the above and it did not work. So I tried again deleting the BBM and reinstall it. This time it seems to have worked. So hope the Z10 is a lot better cause what is also happening is that my 9900 is getting slower to respond and with wireless sync with gmail, it takes ages before it saves changes.
New Contributor
Entine
My Device: Pearl 9100

WHy don't you give valid, solid answers instead of beating around the bush asking what version this and that is? It clearly DOES NOT WORK for many blackberry users and we all have the same problem - the teleicon is grey, it insists that we connect to a wifi network and when we do, the telecon icon disappears. This is the worst app and a very good way to push us over to iphone and android.

Tell us how to make this work, or tell us if this is some unfixable glitch.

we HAVE: Rebooted, Pulled Battery, Disconnect and Reconnected to WIFI. It is still greyd out and when the wifi turns on, the icon isn't even there.

Provide a real answer or pass it on to someone who can.
JSanders

[ Edited ]

Entine wrote:
WHy don't you give valid, solid answers instead of beating around the bush asking what version this and that is? It clearly DOES NOT WORK for many blackberry users and we all have the same problem - the teleicon is grey, it insists that we connect to a wifi network and when we do, the telecon icon disappears. This is the worst app and a very good way to push us over to iphone and android.

Tell us how to make this work, or tell us if this is some unfixable glitch.

we HAVE: Rebooted, Pulled Battery, Disconnect and Reconnected to WIFI. It is still greyd out and when the wifi turns on, the icon isn't even there.

Provide a real answer or pass it on to someone who can.

We?

The questions I asked are valid for supporting the application. I'm sorry you don't agree.

And, you will notice that the user marked a solution above as having worked for them.

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

We are all users, if someone else feels like dealing with you, they will see this thread and answer.

Knowledge Base Updates
mafia971992
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Go to Options-->Application Management-->Applications-->Blackberry Messenger
Press BB key and go to "edit default permission"
Mark all the options to "Allow"