Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
WSkeet
My Device: Style 9670
Accepted Solution

BBM icon disappeared...

I suddenly have no BBM on my 9670. I tried to download it again but the message says my operating system (OS6) is unsupported. I check for OS updates and I am running the most current version for my device. Please help. I need my BBM!
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: BBM icon disappeared...

You have no BBM or is it no BBM icon?  Let's first make sure it's completely gone from your phone then we'll see about getting it reinstalled.

From your homescreen go to Options>Device>Application Management and look for BlackBerry Messenger.  If it's listed in the list, highlight it with your cursor, press the menu key and select Delete.  Now that we're sure it's gone, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Your next step is to go to www.blackberry.com/messenger from your phone's browser and download it again from there.  Try that and see if you get the same error message.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
WSkeet
My Device: Style 9670

Perfect. I got my BBM back and my App World back. Thanks. 

New Contributor
allman1
My Device: bold

I have a bold 9780 and recently 'lost' BB appworld and twitter. After trying to reinstall I get the following message 'unsupported operating system' Tried the above advice with no luck. Looked under options/device/software and its running 6.0 and saying its up to date. Can anyone help??
SujitM
My Device: Bold 9900

BBM icon disappeared after updating my device software although BBM showed as installed on device. Followed your advice - solved my problem. Thanks!
New Contributor
anup1301
My Device: pearl 3g

I am using Pearl 9100 OS 5.0.0.972, followed the above steps but no luck :smileysad:

PLEASE HELP..!!
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hi,

which version number appears in options >> applications >> third party ?

why do you not upgrade to OS6 ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
anup1301

I don have any third party apps as I did the security wipe

I haven't got anything on wireless upgrade., guess my carrier limitations ..
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

@anup1301 since you have an OS5 device, you can only install BBm6 :
BBm7 has not yet been released for OS5.

Maybe wait until tomorrow, and try to download BBm again using the AppWorld.

Please give us feedback with that !

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
anup1301

I was on bbm 5 n when I got up in morning , I gotta message update on bbm installed (my mistake I kept it on automatic update , I guess ) ... system requested for restart n o followed .. after restart bbm gone ... gurrrrrr ..sob sob :'(