Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9780

BBM icon is missing after updating

Hi! need some help, been doing the TS for few days already, I had just updated my bbm from the appworld. installation went fine and I did remember rebooting the phone. after recieving a message, it asked me to reboot again after doing so I can't find bbm anywhere in my phone. I did check all the folders and tried to choose show all, but can't find it. On application management it still says it is installed. I have done all the TS, such as uninstalling and reinstalling doing hard reset after each. I followed some TS shown from other posts such as turning off the network, uninstalled, then downloaded from the website the app and turning off the network to install. Did a handheld wipe already but nothing worked, I am just new with blackberry so I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if I'm not doing the TS correctly, =( Blackberry 9780 OS 6.0 Bundle 2475
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: BBM icon is missing after updating

Hello lam_rej and welcome to the Community.

Please change the wallpaper back to default first then try clicking on the universal search and type Blackberry Messenger on the search box and see if you get to see a BBM icon on the results. 

Please let us know what happen..

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor

Thanks!!!,, well, after I did the handheld wipe, everything was back to default, still can't find it to any other folders and even if I do use the advance search. previously I did try to download the prev version of bbm coming from other bloogers, and it was the same can't find the icon even if I already downgraded the version.
Forums Veteran I

You're from the Philippines, aren't you?
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

New Contributor

yes, I am... =)
Forums Veteran I

check your private message

My Device: 9900

Hi! Exactly the same thing is happening to my phone right now. I tried going to web app world and desktop managaer but it sayd it is installed. What should I do?