Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Tsufa
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat

BBM invite from friend who doesn't have this phone number

[ Edited ]

Hello, 

I have 2 phones.

I received a BBM invitation on my phone #2, from a person who only has my phone number from phone #1 and is also not on my phone #1 BBM.

I have a Facebook account which I check from my phone #2, however this person is not on my Facebook friend list either.

It is almost impossible for this person to know about my phone #2 as the phone is not even registered in my name.

How is it possible to receive the BBM invitation from this person when they do not know about my phone #2?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: BBM invite from friend who doesn't have this phone number

BB10 will take associations with facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc. and then suggest BBM invites based on those.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tsufa
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: BBM invite from friend who doesn't have this phone number

Dear John,

Thank you for your answer.

I thought about that.  But this person is not my connection on any of my applications, nor is a follower on any of my applications.

The person only has my phone number for phone #1, undoubtedly.  

Yet, my phone #2, once again a phone that is not registered in my name, is only connected to one application - Facebook, where this person is not on my friend's list.

Could there be any other possibilities?

Regards,
Tsufa

Please use plain text.