Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9220

Re: BBM issue!

My problem with BBM is that I tried upgrading it but it says this: a temporary BBM server error has occurred. I keep on retrying but it the message is just the same. So now, I'm planning to delete BBM then just install it again. Will my contacts be erased?

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, Playbook

I discovered the source of the BBM problem. Our data was turned off. BlackBerry Messenger requires data or Wi Fi to work.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9220

I retry whenever my wifi is on but the message is still the same. If I delete my BBM and install it again, will my BBM contacts be deleted?

Solutions: 6,072
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

marsroque wrote:

I retry whenever my wifi is on but the message is still the same. If I delete my BBM and install it again, will my BBM contacts be deleted?

You contacts should be tied to your BlackBerryID, if you are running BBM v7.

If you are fearful of losing contacts, do a backup of your device and BBM contact using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code