Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
josuevaldez
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

Re: BBM messages SENT but NOT DELIVERED, only with ONE contact in particular

EXACTLY! See? This is the same thing... We've tried that too. The only way we've found I THINK so far (and I'm not even sure...we're trying it again tonight) is to backup your Blackberry in your computer, do a security wipe, and then restore everything to it from the computer... I'm pretty sure it works.

New Contributor
chrisredfern01
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Ye its exactly the same its so annoying as well! I don't even know how to back up my blackberry on the computer and my girlfriend definently won't know haha!
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Chrisedred01, here is a detailed (pretty simple) set of instructions on how to back your Blackberry to your PC.

Read this:  KB12487

Likewise, I would HIGLY encourage BOTH of your to install the FREE BlackBerry Protect application to your device which will backup your most important data to over the air to RIM servers, safe and sound for restore when needed.

Then you will reload the OS on your smartphone:

See the link below, for the download and simple installation instructions.

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
freyssinierfm

I am having the same problem!! What was the result? Is there anything you suggest? I have the exact same problem except the person I am trying to contact is in Brazil. Thanks!

New Contributor
josuevaldez

Well, I am happy AND sad to announce that this problem is solved now. Happy because indeed it is solved, but sad because the solution was something that I don't think will work for everyone. The solution was that I switched carriers. Not because of this, of course, but I went back to T-Mobile. And that solved the issue. I have no idea why. It just did. But here's something that a BlackBerry expert told me at T-Mobile. IF YOU CALL YOUR CARRIER'S TECH SUPPORT LINE, THEY CAN PATCH YOU DIRECTLY WITH BLACKBERRY SUPPORT IN CANADA AND YOU CAN TELL THEM WHAT THE SITUATION IS AND YOU CAN GIVE THEM YOUR PIN NUMBER AND THE PIN NUMBER OF THE PERSON IN BRAZIL AND THEY CAN DIRECTLY TROUBLESHOOT IT THERE AT THE BLACKBERRY INTERNATIONAL SERVER. Might be worth a try. But do set out an hour or two for this. It's a massive company. Hope it works. Let me know. =)

katymendez
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

I have the same problem aas well.  my BBM's are sent but not delivered to only one person.  I can receive his messages but he cant receive mine, as well as my updated status or change pic.  But all is well with other contacts.  We have tried battery pull and reinstalling the application but still doesn't work..just happened 24 hours ago..

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

katymendez wrote:

I have the same problem aas well.  my BBM's are sent but not delivered to only one person.  I can receive his messages but he cant receive mine, as well as my updated status or change pic.  But all is well with other contacts.  We have tried battery pull and reinstalling the application but still doesn't work..just happened 24 hours ago..

Sounds like an unfortunate server delay. Be patient, give it more time.

If it continues... call your mobile provider STC and have them escalate this issue to RIM level tech support.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
josuevaldez

Blimey! Yes, I do understand your frustration. Trust me. Sadly, I cannot tell you that I found a solution per se except that I switched carriers. The only other thing I would say is to look up my post above and follow the idea of calling your carrier's tech service and have them connect you with RIM/BlackBerry in Canada. They can troubleshoot both PINs and help you more. Hope it helps.
Visitor
mbuse
My Device: z10

Sad. I'm having the same issue. Only one contact. He is with Telus, I am with Bell. Other Telus contacts work, he is on latest 9900 bbm version, I an on z10. Please help
New Contributor
sammie787
My Device: Blackberry 9700

its happening with me and my boyfriend its been happening since yesterday and today. Like i can send it to all my contacts but not to my boyfriend it shows up with it sent but not delivered i even tried sending him a pin message aswell im not able to do that either coz only shows up as sent and not delivered. Can somebody help me with this is it my fone thats acting like this???