Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Kayhive
My Device: 8520

BBM registration keep failing to register with BBM service, I've tried everything to fix.

A few days ago there was an app failure, so my phone showed a white screen with the reset on the centre of the screen, so I reset the phone, lost my contacts, tried adding some people on my BBM, I thought everything was fine until I realised that my contacts can't c my DP and status updates, so I registered for BBM service but it kept failing. I did the whole HRT (host Routing table) instructions and the service books instructions, I even called my service provider, they gave me the same instructions, but it never worked at all<br><br>Is there anyone here with the same problem?
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: BBM registration keep failing to register with BBM service, I've tried everything to fix.

There must be some issue with getting your phone registered on the network. 

Call your carrier again and ask them to reset your BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service).  Once it's been reset, try again to register your phone on the network.  If you're still unsuccessful, your carrier should be able to do it from their end.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
Kayhive

Re: BBM registration keep failing to register with BBM service, I've tried everything to fix.

I did call my carrier, they say there's nothing that they can do, so am gonna wait for my BIS to expire on the 26th and am gonna reactivate it on 30 Nov

I'll keep you updated on the matter.
New Contributor
Kayhive

The issue got sorted today, I activated my bis on a vodacom simcard! Everything is working fine as it should :smileyhappy: