Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
km004
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell

BBM's aren't being delivered (and thus not read)

my bbm's are sending, because the tick is there, but there's no D. 
i checked the forum for similar problems and it saids that it may be because my friends phone is off or not in a service area but i can conform for sure that that's not the case.

this has been going on and off for a week now but in the last 4 hours it's compltely stopped working.

help??? 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
thysb
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

Re: BBM's aren't being delivered (and thus not read)

We have been having the same problems in South Africa the last week or so - my messages actually deliver to my wife, but it doesn't show it to me, and when she replies, they don't get to me. Sometimes I send the same message 3 times, it only arrives once. Messages also appear in random order, so they don't make any sense either... What's wrong with the BBM Servers???

Please use plain text.
seventeen11
My Device: curve 8330
My Carrier: sasktel

Ya same happening here in canada now... its getting pretty annoying
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lil_laura
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Tbaytel

in Re: BBM's aren't being delivered (and thus not read)

I've been having this same issue for a couple days. Certain messages may send, but I would only get a checkmark instead of the D.  Some messages get through but I don't always get the D.  It seems very slow and lagged as well.  I resent the service books and that helped for a while, but then stopped it seemed.  I had just updated BBM to version 6.0.0.125 a couple days ago as well.  :/

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: in Re: BBM's aren't being delivered (and thus not read)

This doesn't seem to be a random problem; people all over the world are experiencing issues with BBM lately.

A few senior members here and I are looking around for some answers and will post back in these forums if and when we find out more.

Keep an eye on these forums for more info.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lil_laura
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Tbaytel

Could it maybe be from the upgrade?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

It's possible, however it's unlikely.

BBM is a big selling point for BlackBerry phones.  RIM will make sure it's working perfectly before releasing it.  This could just as easily be a problem with RIM's servers as much as a problem specific to the BBM app.

I'm looking into it...........stay tuned.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
km004
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell

Please use plain text.
DawnCrichton
My Device: BB Curve 8520
My Carrier: LIME

i'm in Barbados and it's driving me crazy....msges between here and Canada and the US both ways are seriously delayed if delivered at all : (

Please use plain text.
nodi
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: bmobile

same thing use to happen to me too i had bb curve 9300 until i upgrad to bb bold 9780 i start working good but when i chat with some people with who have bb cruve 9300 it not sending idk why is that happibg an i'm form T&T

Please use plain text.