Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
NateDogg3439
My Device: 9700 Torch

BBM trust certificate

Since upgrading to BBM I receive a trust certification every time I turn on my wifi and through out the day when my wifi is on.  Seems it has something to do with the BBM voice VOIP.  Even when I trust the cert and enter my password it still doesn't accept the cert.  The issuer is Thawte Inc.

Any idea how to get rid of this issue?  Running BBM v.7.0.0.126

Please use plain text.
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BBM trust certificate

Hi NateDogg3439 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Does this happen regardless of which Wi-Fi network you connect to? When you accept the certificate, do you see any other prompts and does BBM work after this?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NateDogg3439
My Device: 9700 Torch

Yes it happens to all wifi networks I connect too. When I accept the cert or trust it it does (the same one) pop up again during the day randomly some time. Yes, BBM does work after the prompt.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
karlou
My Device: 9300

hi..my problem also is look like the same..i connected already in the internet, but the problem is when i open now the browser, the firewall log in form is not appear. unlike in desktop computer or other mobile that supported firefox, internet explorer, etc..the firewall login form appear and they can enter the username and password before they can use the internet..can u help me on how to configure..many thankz..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chiriquihogar
My Device: 8520

EXACTLY the same problem..

Does Blackberry technicians look at these posts and provide solution.

I've looked at numerous other posts about "untrusted certificates" and I've never seen a solution.

You'd think BB would consolidate posts like this to "a" solution

ugh

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

chiriquihogar wrote:

Does Blackberry technicians look at these posts and provide solution.

From time to time, yes...but rarely actually in the forum itself, for that is contradictory to the stated purpose of this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

Most typically, when they create a solution from various inputs, it takes the form of a new KB article, published here:

You can subscribe, via RSS, to a feed that notifies you whenever a new KB article is published.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chiriquihogar

Surprise surprise the gods have spoken! Well I never saw that option to my problem. As it turned out I "did" find a solution, which was to remove blackberry messenger. My provider Movistar doesn't support voip over BBM. However I had no idea this was the source of my problem. That I believe is Blackberry's territory, no? Also post how to remove BBM on a V5.0 OS phone, because that's not apparent either
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

LOL! Quite funny indeed. No, I'm not a member of "the gods"...rather, just another volunteer here who tries to help out other kind souls as best I can. Snarky replies often discourage me, but sometimes I can get over it.

Regardless of who's "territory" it is, the fact remains that this site is not a channel for any formal communications with, escalations to, nor support from BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever. True formal support is only obtainable via the contractually required channels...which start with the mobile service providers, original places of purchase, or authorized service centers (it can vary by region and issue). Each of those has the ability to escalate cases up to BlackBerry that require formal attention...from what you describe, your carrier did not offer that to you (for reasons only they can answer for).

Good luck, and I'm glad that you got your situation resolved. Perhaps you'd like to also contribute to this site by posting the specifics of what you did...you seem to hint that there was some issue with removing BBM, but that you resolved it. Perhaps you can participate here by providing others with exactly what you did.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chiriquihogar

Blackberry Messenger is a "add-on" application on V5.0. I didn't know this.
To remove it:
Select from Tools: Applications
A bar will fill as it records all the applications on your phone
Note a "select window" in the upper right corner
There a 3 options
Select "add-on"
Then scroll down in the main window of this tool and find where you can select to remove\delete BBMessenger.
I think then the phone will ask to reboot

Blackberry should have a bulletin they csn send to at least the BBM'ers for issues like this

Yes I was snarky. That's how I talk to a god, I apologize
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AJLee
My Device: Blackberry 9800

you talk about removing BBM, but did you then re-install it again after, or are you working without it now?

Please use plain text.