Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
chiriquihogar
My Device: 8520

Re: BBM trust certificate

Nope haven't re-installed yet
I was so annoyed getting to this point I haven't tried. However it shouldn't be a problem IF you make sure NOT to implement VOIP.
Why don't you do it and see, then let me know. I get by using Google Talk or WhatsApp. I only had one BBM user from the states listed
Contributor
AJLee
My Device: Blackberry 9800

i was hoping someone else to do the hard work first, and then i just follow like a sheep....or maybe lamps to the slaughter ! I quite liked the idea of VOIP via BBM, but if thats the headache maybe should do without like you say...ok, so here goes, i'll un-install and let everyone know soon....

Contributor
chiriquihogar

My 2nd attempt here to place a reply. The blog engine complained, some nonsense I couldn't figure out. Then I get another email request

No I didn't re-install but go ahead a try just do not implement voip for BBMessenger. I use Google Talk and What's App far more than BBm
Contributor
AJLee

OK, its deleted !!!! Well at least the clocks handles are going round and round...

Contributor
AJLee

OK, so its still going round and round and round and.... whilst i'm waiting does that Watsapp let you do VOIP? I didn't realise that?

Contributor
AJLee

nd next is a re-boot

Contributor
AJLee

i found BBM and re-installed and...... i just got the same !@#$%^&*^& request for "Key Store Access", the following application is requesting eccess to your handheld key store. please enter your key store password....ok, so lets try that again

Contributor
AJLee

and i now have a nice blue screen with "BlackBerry Messenger" at the top left hand corner and the BBM icon top RH corner

Contributor
AJLee

i got bored with that so escaped and BBM is working as normal, have to wait see now if it happens again.....but funny no option to choose if i wanted VOIP or not? So i'm not holding my breath

Contributor
chiriquihogar

3d time. What is it with this reply setup? No I did not re-install BBM. But I I see no reason why you can't as long as you do not implement the Voip (unless you've checked with your provider and they say they support voip for BBM) Movistar Panama doesn't support based on my experience