Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
nobody4711
My Device: 9700

Re: BBM7 VOIP invalid certificate

We all know (?) that this forum is no way to talk to Blackberry, rather some place where people do self-help.

However, this is something I dislike very much  (blackberry is not alone here). Since the forum is owned, and manged by RIM, it would be a benefit for Blackberry and the all users if it is monitored and, used as a premier place of information to check for problems which occur with the Blackberry consumer products.

Regarding the official way to get through to RIM support, I can tell you that if its not just a problem like finding the on/off switch or, how to do a reboot, the support through the carriers, sales guys, and finally Blackberry  simply is not-existant (in Germany). If I would try to solve a real problem (like this one)  through these channels, the problem will be solved - but inside an inacceptable time-frame (even for a consumer). The only way to geht through to RIM is paid support.

If someone from RIM had used this forum as an information source, a fix or, at least some KB article would have been online withing a few hours.

The other queston is: WTF did Blackberry not check the BBM7 on a factory reset OS5 device running in a normal environment before releasing the Software to customers ? The popup about the invalid certificate should have been visible immediately!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

nobody4711 wrote:

If someone from RIM had used this forum as an information source, a fix or, at least some KB article would have been online withing a few hours.

as far as I remember the KB article I link in my previous message was released to the public a few days after the BBM version was released.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nobody4711

Good to know that a KB article exists, I did not follow all post in this thread.

The first post I know about this problem is here (January,2, 2013)

http://www.blackberry-forum.de/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1357162625

The KB article is "last modified" 03-21-2013.

Just beeing curious, do you know when was the KB article first made public ?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

a few days after January 2, 2013.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nobody4711

This is of course within an acceptable time frame. My apologies in this case. I simply did not find this KB article at this time.

Sorry, i I generalized my sometimes bad experience in germany regarding blackberry support in this case.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JohnPByrne
My Device: bold 9780

To test the solution in the KB I've reinstalled BBM7. I've followed the KB instructions and got certificates shown on BB desktop. The Thawte CA certificate was already checked but greyed out so not editable. I synced though don't think anything changed. restarted phone. I'm now getting the invalid certificate message again regularly.

Given that this is not a forum for contacting RIM. Where should I tell them that the KB solution disn't work?

There are other Thawte certifictaes not checked, should I install those? The KB was very specific about one certificate.

(I hope I can still undo my bbm7 and get back to bbm6 again)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nobody4711

[ Edited ]

Maybe give my instructions here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-messenger-bbm/263800-bbm-7-os5-needed-certificates.html

a try to download the certificates - for me, it did work afterwards.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
taggerwear
My Device: curve

Yes, been getting this for about a week now ... rebooting the phone doesn't do anything. Any news from RIM on this?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JohnPByrne
My Device: bold 9780

Got all the certificates but no joy. The problem comes only when I'm connected to BT-WiFi. reverting to bbm6 again

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

JohnPByrne wrote:

Got all the certificates but no joy. The problem comes only when I'm connected to BT-WiFi. reverting to bbm6 again

JohnPByrne,

sorry I did not read your error message carefully. CAn you try at another WiFi network?

it seems that there is some kind of proxy used by http://www.btwifi.co.uk/ .

Maybe this article from the public knowledge base will help you:

KB33102 Using BlackBerry Messenger Voice Chat behind a firewall

Please use plain text.