Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
xeloz01
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790

BBM7 unavailable for my device

Good day!

I am using a BlackBerry Bold 9790 with OS v7.1.0.746

My friend BBM-ed me today telling me to download the new BBM7

I tried finding it in the app world and for some reason it is listed in the "other devices" and it says it is "unavailable for your device"

I am using one of RIM's relatively latest phone and OS version. What am I missing?

Please help.

Thank you.
Visitor
swagonyou
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Re: BBM7 unavailable for my device

I'm having exactly the same problem with my Blackberry Device 9900.

My friend has told me to download the new BBM7 but it didn't notify me on the AppWorld so I upgraded my AppWorld the latest version cause I thought then it would notify me about the new BBM7 but it didn't. Instead it now says "unavailable for your device".

I want to solve my problem. Please help
Contributor
kartikeyabhargava95
My Device: Curve 9360

there was an error in downloading. i deleted my bbm 6.2 and tried downloading again, didnt work. i went on my comp to the site. logged in and it had the following message, "The Item is not available for your Device Model, Device OS, Carrier and Country combination." but it is availaible in india and i have a curve 9360 running on os7.1 bundle 1647.

If your query is resolved then please click on - 'Accept as Solution'
Thank You.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

BBm7 is made available for OS7 progressively across the world. So it may take a few more days for some to be able to download BBm7.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

to reinstall BBM 6.2, read ahead:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/HOWTO-install-BBm-6-2-if-you-have...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
bbonnie62
My Device: BlackBerry 9860.

Same issue on my OS7.1 9860. What is happening RIM?
New Contributor
guptaanuj1989
My Device: 9780

Hi, iam using 9780. Yesterday I tried to install BBM7 on my phone which already had version 6.2. The installation was succesfull and the phone asked for a reboot. As I rebooted the phone the BBM icon was lost and and its not even showing in app world. I uninstalled BBM7 through application management. But again when I tired to re-install I faced the same thing.. Kindly plz help.. Iam out of BBM as per now :smileysad:
Nirja
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9220

I am having the same prblem!!

New Contributor
guptaanuj1989
My Device: 9780

I somehow managed to install BBM6 on my 9780 but the BBM is not appearing in my app world account and iam also not able to install BBM7 as it is shows "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Messenger."
Kindly please help for this problem nw asap
New Contributor
bbonnie62
My Device: BlackBerry 9860.

it is not released in india and the vodafone carrier is not supported. I am also in the same mess.