Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

BLACKBERRY I.D HUGE PROBLEMS (!!!)

:Helpsmilie:

After searching fruitlessly for a 'contact us' button on  the bb website have had to post of this forum, wasnt sure what categroy this would come under.

The problem is with my mums Blackberry  I.D. She has recieved emails from blackberry, newsletters etc but no EMAIL CONFIRMATION. therefore i think she cannt acccess bb services - cant log her into blackberry world as I.D loggins do not work (on attempt 6/10 so do not want to keep trying). When i go on to the RE-SET for bb I.D , I get the strange message (once typed in her email address) that...

BlackBerry ID Password Reset
Reset your BlackBerry ID password

The value you have entered is invalid. Please try again.
Username:
For added security, please enter the verification code in the image below.
Refresh the image

Cancel

Submit

PLEASE HELP, literally at the end of my tether with BB world was a nightmare even to get it installed in the first place:No:

THANKS

Deb x

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: kerry

Re: BLACKBERRY I.D HUGE PROBLEMS (!!!)

I've forgot my blackberry I.d password and the name for my security question and it won't let me login or reset it and I want to use an email addrese that I used on a previous phone any help on how I can do it
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BLACKBERRY I.D HUGE PROBLEMS (!!!)

kerrydee wrote:
I've forgot my blackberry I.d password and the name for my security question and it won't let me login or reset it and I want to use an email addrese that I used on a previous phone any help on how I can do it

Hello,

I know you are frustrated, but the lack of punctuation in your post presents a challenge in understanding exactly your situation. I think that you have forgotten your BB ID credentials (UserID and/or password) as well as the answer to your security question for password reset. As such, your options are now quite limited. Please be aware that BBs are the most secure mobile devices available, but they cannot overcome the situation where the human participant in that security is the source of the issue.

Do you have, from other than a BB (e.g., WebMail, PC Outlook, etc.), access to the email account that is presently registered to the BB? If so, then you can use the 2nd section (generate a password reset email) of this KB:

• KB26361 How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

If you do not have any non-BB access to that email account, then your options are much more limited.

If there are no AppWorld records that you need (e.g., app purchase records), then you should simply abandon that BB ID and create a new one. It will require a device WIPE, but that is what it is, and (before you ask) there is no other way:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

On the other hand, if you do have AppWorld records that you need to retain, then you will need support from a human at RIM (so as to either help you regain access to the old BB ID or migrate your purchase records to a new BB ID, if they are even willing/able to do any of that). You request human support by starting with your mobile service provider, who can (but, in your situation, may or may not) escalate your case into RIM at no charge...again, there is no other path to obtain this level of support (well, not for free...there is a fee-based path, but it costs just you just to ask the first question).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code