Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: SFR
Accepted Solution

BLACKBERRY PROTECT

Hello

I just changed from a BB Curve 9360 to a Bold 9900.

On the 9360, I had installed ( and it was working really well) the BB Protect app.

On my new Bold, I have downloaded the same app from BB World but

- the icon of bb protect does not appear in the file of the downloaded app

- in My World  the app results and installed

what i have done:

during the first installation of the app, it appeared a message ( please pardon my english, I am not mother tongue) that can be translated in : pending installation

I have disinstalled the program, re boot the phone and downloaded again the application

I have de-installed and re-installed several times, but nothing changed

Any idea of what can I do? I need to have the app installed correctely

many thanks in advance

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BLACKBERRY PROTECT

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I cannot tell for sure, but please use this method to verify if the app is or is not installed on your BB:

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone

If it is not installed and inside of AppWorld says "Pending Installation", then something else may be amiss. So, first please try this:

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

In addition, you can try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if you can now properly install the app.

Also, please make sure you are not running any custom theme while you test all of this out. If the them is for some reason hiding the app, then it may be the cause. Further, be sure to look at all folders and subfolders of the homescreen, and be sure you have "show all" active as you look for the app icon (assuming the app is otherwise reported as installed).

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: SFR

Thank you so much for your help!

I have de-installed BB application world, installed the new version, then downloaded BB protect and now everything works perfectly!

very useful tips..no comparson with the asnwers of the provider services " no idea, call blackberry"...

many thanks again

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome...I'm glad it worked for you.

evigoni wrote:

very useful tips..no comparson with the asnwers of the provider services " no idea, call blackberry"...

Yes, it is such a shame...especially when you consider:

1. End users have no method by which to directly contact BlackBerry for any formal support whatsoever...end users cannot bypass their carrier and seek any support or escalation from BlackBerry for anything at all, as that would be violating the contracts to which all parties are bound
  2. The carriers hold 100% responsibility for all support to their end users, and have the ability to escalate cases into BlackBerry that need it...but the end user cannot bypass their carrier for such escalations

In any event...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code