Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Wilson68
My Device: blackberry playbook

Re: Big news. No Netflix or Skype!!!!!

http://www.aol.com/av/ does not seem to work on my playbook. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is getting frustrating.
Contributor
DamienTdoTo
My Device: Playbook 32Gig & Torch 9800/32gig SD card

Hey all just a little reminder ....Uhmmm Microsoft has acquired Skype ...So let's be serious for one second; with the upcoming new gen Windows Phone due for realease, do you really think they will release a version of Skype to the competition? Really .... it's not blackberry's issue as stated by a few here ....
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

this does not mean anything. DocsToGo belongs to RIM, and still versions are updated for the iOS.

Similarly, Intellisync is owned by Nokia, and is still used today in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Te problem is that Skype has a contract with Verizon and Three, meaning that there is a Skype client for BlackBerry, but Skype company has limited it to those two carriers.

Skype wants BlackBerry users from two carriers and not the other carriers. Why cannot people get over it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
azrin640
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 16G

Of course people can not get over it because it is essential for todays world.

You might be bored with the same question over and over because you spend too much time on this forum.

People goes to forum because of needs not because they like to, if it is the later it might be a good time to spend time offline and get a life.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

If I needed a Skype client on my BlackBerry smartphone or tablet, I would go on Skype forums. Not RIM forums.

And if I wanted to simply rant uselessly, I would go on RIM forums.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
azrin640
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 16G

You know that you have the option NOT to READ all the rants here. You have a choice. Even the tittle suggested that. Next time do not open the subject that you do not agree with.

But coming to a forum (which is available to everyone) with a holy smugness with a you know all attitude will not benefit anyone.

Blackberry is just a 'service', not a religion. A service should change according to a user needs not the other way around.
Developer
Developer
jtv
My Device: Z10

It took some time, am with 3uk and had my phone a year now, before I texted about IM and IM+ but on 3uk Planet 3 site, a little searching, I found my Skype, pity such an advanced smartphone as this still don't have Video Chat, even as an option or an Appm

jtv
JTValerie
New Contributor
Knocks
My Device: Bold 9930

Skype is becoming all about advertisements now.  There are better apps available.

Developer
Developer
jtv
My Device: Z10

I think this may be a good thing, considering how many years Skype has been about.
There's use for Skype on a wider field that just chatting to friends :*)
JTValerie