01-05-2014 12:34 AM
I'm wondering if is there any software or installations that i can install into my Blackberry Curve 8520 just to have an upgrade or customization on it's displays?..or either can I upgrade the OS of my phone?... . .btw, i'm located here in Philippines and I'm using my Blackberry Curve 8520 for almost 3 years.. .Thanks a lot.
01-05-2014 01:08 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for with your first question...maybe a theme? If so, you find those in BBWorld.
For your second question, the simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!