Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
fadwan
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Maps

I accidentally deleted the BlackBerry Maps. I tried to download it back from the Blackberry website. After downloaded it and reboot my phone, I could not find the BlackBerry Maps Icon in my phone menu. I checked in the application and it showed that I only download the Blackberry Maps installer. Please advice me how to re install back the BlackBerry maps. Since I accidentally deleted it, my gps gave me wrong location.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Maps

Use your Blackberry browser to go to www.blackberry.com/maps

Download Maps from there.

After it is complete,

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner:

With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescirbed for most gltiches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Now, look in EACH folder on your device... Applications, Instant Messengers, Downloads, etc.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
fadwan

I followed your instruction but after completed the download, it stated that. I only download the BlackBerry Maps Installer. I tried search all folders and applications but still not found the BlackBerry Maps.
JSanders

fadwan wrote:
 it stated that. I only download the BlackBerry Maps Installer.

Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about the "installer". You either downloaded it or not.

look at Options > Advanced > Applications. Do you see it listed there?

You may need to click the top right corner for Add-ons or Core apps.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
fadwan

When I download the Blackberry Maps, do I need to allow set up permission or not? I checked in the Application Management, it listed as BlackBerry Maps installer. When I clicked it, it only showed the details. My phone is Bold 9780.
JSanders

Is there any chance you're on AT&T as a mobile service provider?

If so, AT&T blocks usage of BlackBerry Maps and it won't work anyway, without lots of workarounds which quite honestly are pretty complicated. In that case, just download and use Google Maps, from m.google.com

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
fadwan

I am not using AT&T as mobile service provider. I from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and I already checked with my service provider that they are not blocking the usage of BlackBerry Maps. I already managed to get back the BlackBerry Maps by upgrading the latest version software for Bold 9780. Thank you for your help and asisstance. I really appreciate it for your kindness to help me.

However, my Blackberry Maps always give me wrong location. How to change the setting by getting the exact location. By the way, I also downloaded the google maps before I accidentally deleted the Blackberry Maps.

New Contributor
sgwlawyer
My Device: Torch 9800

Hello:

I am also experiencing this same issue, but I did not delete the app, rather it disappeared from my phone after the recent updates. I have deleted and re-downloaded the app installer many times with no luck; I've even tried accessing the link through a different email address on my Torch. I simply cannot find the installer anywhere to be able to run it and install the program.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can restore this amazing app?

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

@sgwlawyer

is BlackBerry Maps available in the Application Management screen?

if it is not, then you need to install it back on your device.

This can today only be possible if you have a BlackBerry Data Plan. If you do, then you have to use the Desktop Manager and run the "install an OS" procedure. Even if it is just to use the one you already have.

at some point, you will be prompted for a list of languages & applications & dictionnaries you want to install on your device. BlackBerry Maps will be there.

please keep us posted.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
pl
pl
My Device: torch

I had the same problem after updating. Maps installer would download, the device reset but maps would not show up anywhere. I connected my blackberry to my comuter and through the desktop software under the applications tab installed maps. After a reboot maps showed up.