Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
adaahu
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: BlackBerry Messenger 6.0.0.125 released!

Just upgrade ur OS version only dat way would u get your BBM icon back, dats how I got mine fixed. I guess the updated apps are modelled specifically 2 work with only the new OS
Contributor
eyad55
My Device: storm 2

[ Edited ]

Don't waste your time delete  BlackBerry Messenger 6.0.0.125

then restore from your desk top manager

sorry for that blackberry is sooooo bad in programming and software if they sell it to apple it will be nice for us :Clap:

New Contributor
SnowFox
My Device: Bold 9780

My software is OS 6 package 863 so that shouldntg be the problem right?
New Contributor
Suboreal
My Device: 9800

My Torch has the current OS, yet the BBM6 has that missing icon issue. Plugged the phone into the computer and used DM to remove the application, then to reinstall the old BBM5. *click* delete, reboot phone via DM, *click* install BBM and reboot... Life is all good again. RIM your the biggest tease, I love ya' but, I hate ya' too.
jonytrance
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

hey btw appart from the show what im listening to option, i cant send pictures i have a 9300 3G and when i want to send the pic, it doesnt go lower to click the accept or decline option how do i fix this? TY Very Much!

New Contributor
w2000
My Device: Not Specified

hi,

I have torch , I upgrade the latest software and install BBM 6 , i use Arabic language , the problem i have is:

1- ((Ping)) before when we ping it show the word ((ping)) , but now it show and arabic word , yes we use arabic but we used to see the word ((ping)) in english .

2- the section ((BB group)) it's in english !!!! in all bbm it's written in arabic !!!! maybe the two problems about the translation but it's something too much people I know talk about it.

3- the two feature that rim remove and i think it's a good ones:

- show what you listen to!!!! - this is good one , you can see what other listen to , there's no need for programmers to remove it because people can enable or disable it!!!!

- broadcast statue!!!! - i think it's important because if your  list become more than 50 then you will not notice if people still there so if you send broadcast and see the letter R or D or nothing then you know about the people in your list.

at last if they can't put all this then let the OS6 and OS7 support the app in OS5, so that way nobody will ask for this and that they will use the old one's they like in the new phones with the new OS!!

New Contributor
rishmalath
My Device: blackberry curve 8900

found it.. deleted both apps.. restarted a couple or times... and the updates showed up
New Contributor
XerXesNG
My Device: Torch 9800

Which bbm file did u install? Most seem to incompatible with OS6.
I need my music updates turned on!!
quarnda1
My Device: curve 8530

6.0 is the worst version of bbm ever when u update your status or view your profile it stays stuck on your profile screen u can't exit the page and return to the contact list therefore u can't send messages or view incoming messages until u reboot the device u the app is absolutely worthless what good is an instant messenger that won't let u send messages!! Please Please fix this issue
wolverine66
My Device: blackberry curve 9300 3g

i jsut installed bbm 6, and av been reading alot of people who hate it and so do i!! but i have not backed up the old version of bbm 5 which i had before, can anydoby help me and tell em how to downgrade bk to bbm 5? av read that u delte the app on desktop manager and then resore the phone, but what happens when u resore the phone?