Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,931
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Messenger 6.0.0.125 released!

sg92 wrote:

Ps. The contact does not appear to be linked to a blackberry contact and in Options the tickbox for showing text messages from contacts linked with BlackBerry Contacts is Unchecked.
Many thanks.

So now Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

See if those messages remain in your BBM folder.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sg92
My Device: Bold 9780

Thank-you for this solution however I have already tried this, this problem has persisted for a while. It started off with older versions of bbm but still occurs with the new version.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,931
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

OK. I don't know what all you've tried if you don't say so up front. :smileywink:

1. So, confirm the contact is deleted from BBMessenger
  2. Delete the contact as a SMS contact in the normal Address Book.
  3. Delete any convos from that contact, both BBM and SMS.
  4. Now, open BBM > Options > Backup and backup both from the "remote" backup and the "local media card" backup.
  5. NO record of that contact on the device at all.
  6. Then, delete BBM from the device at Options > Device > Applications.
  7. Reboot the device as described above, again.

Now, re-install BBM from www.blackberry.com/bbm

When BBM restores on it's on, hopefully you won't see that contact's SMS message in your BBM folder any longer.

Later, re-add the contact to your BlackBerry Address book.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sg92

Okay thanks a lot, I shall try this shortly. Just to confirm, is there any way in which I can do this whilst also keeping all of the text messages from this contact? Because I'm guessing if I delete the contact and later re-add them all messages will be lost...is there another way in which I can restore the text messages from that contact afterwards?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sg92

Thank you so much J Sanders, I tried doing exactly what you said above and it worked!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nchedo
My Device: curve 8900

I'm using curve 8900 and upgraded it recently to v5.0 and also upgraded my BB messenger to 6.0 (for the first time). whenever someone sends picture or music file to me it keeps saying "Incoming file transfer canceled. Your built-in media storage and media card are full." But my phone still have storage space in both. Help please
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kiatbabe
My Device: bold 9780

hi..i'm face the same problem,once download the new version,my bbm application lost and now i'm unable to download any application from application world..someone please help me

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mich1
My Device: 8520 curve

I cannot receive replies from one contact on bbm but he receives all my messages.have tried to pin message where he receives it but I still get no reply.all other contacts are fine and I can send invites to others and receive confirmation.please help!!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nchedo
My Device: curve 8900

I found out also that I only receive media files in my BBM from contacts who have not upgraded to this version
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
slimacere63
My Device: bold 9780

My bbm does not save chats.Weneva it does and I have long chats it deletes convos automatically.even when I set it to save on media card.please help. I'm using Bold 4 (9780) white
Please use plain text.