Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Amaanda_
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Mandy taylor

Blackberry 8520 BBM can't restore contacts?

Hi, every since I updated my bbm I can not restore my deleted contacts, by accident
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry 8520 BBM can't restore contacts?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you updated to BBM7, then local storage of contacts was actually completely eliminated, and only server-based storage of your BBM contacts now exists. A local backup of BBM contacts taken via older BBM versions is no longer usable. To use that local backup. you'd first have to fall back to a prior BBM version that can use that backup, then update again to BBM7 so as to put them back up to the server again. You might find this thread helpful:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Amaanda_

Didn't help sorry :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Really? From what you describe, that should allow you to retrieve those backed up contacts. But, from merely "Didn't help", I cannot tell at all what step, within the multi-step nature of what is needed to be conducted, was not useful...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Amaanda_

I clicked the link and it got me to the forum but when I read through it and clicked the link below for the version it only re-booted my phone? :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

That is quite an odd result. That link should have taken your BB Browser to the download portal for BBM6. To have that link simply reboot your BB is quite odd indeed. Now that your BB has, though, rebooted, can you try the link again please?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Amaanda_

I will try now thank you
Please use plain text.