Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
AbiB16xx
My Device: Q10

Blackberry ID

Hi,

I brought a blackberry in May 2011 and set up my blackberry id. i purchased a new blackberry yesterday and i am unable to access my blackberry id due to not remembering my password or the security question. i have tried to reset my blackberry id password on the blackberry website but when i put in my email address and the variation code i am unable to submit this to access the new password. is there any other way of resetting my password?

if i am not able to reset my password, i can create a new blackberry id? however, if i create a new blackberry id will my existing email account from my may 2011 blackberry id be affected?

hope to hear from you soon

Abi

Forums Advisor I
arthur72
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.2.1.3175), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: Blackberry ID

Hi Abi

Welcome to the Community

If you still have your old device, I'd suggest you to manage password reset again from that one, not the new one. Once password reset has been sent to your associated email address, open that email from your laptop/pc browser (for security reason, RIM didn't emailed it to our handheld). Now, this is the key part. Once you have received an email from bbidpw-donotreply@blackberry.com, you are good. You can make your new password. Use it in your old device first to make sure. Then you can use your BBID to your new one.

Second, if you create new BBID, you must use another email address. And you must re-invite your BBM Contacts and groups one by one.

Good luck and let us know the result.

John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I'm curious as to why you can't submit the request to reset the password on your PC. What, exactly, happens when you try to do that? That's the best way to accomplish the password reset as the device will require the security question.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
AbiB16xx

Hi,

thank you for replying. ive been on https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword?i=145537 typed in my email address and the variation code and click submit but when i click submit nothing happens. ive tried this web page on the PC and ipad but it still wont work. do you know why that might be?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

When you say nothing happens what does that mean? Does the page refresh? Does it say anything at all? What browser are you using on the PC? Do you have access to the email address you're using for the BBID?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
AbiB16xx

when i click submit the word go blue for a second and nothing happens at all. the page doesnt refresh, it just stays the same with my email address and the code on the page. ive been on my email account and looked in the junk items but there isnt anything thing from blackberry. i went on the website through google and then blackberry support.

Guru I
John_Clark

the site is right but something is going on there. I just tried it and it worked fine for me. Told me a password reset email had been sent and I did receive it.

Try it this way. Go to www.bbid.com and then click on the password reset link there.
New Contributor
AbiB16xx

ive tired that website again and it redirected me to my security question. i dont remember the security question answer which i need to access the email to rest my password. the redirected page states its my last time to enter the secuirty answer before the account is locked. any ideas?

Guru I
John_Clark

It never asks for my security question. You'll need to contact your carrier and have them escalate you to BlackBerry Support.
New Contributor
AbiB16xx

what do you mean by carrier?