Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
meganelizabeth_98
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry Messenger.

Last night, I updated my blackberry messenger. As told the phone re-booted. When the phone came back on I could not get onto bbm, I have tried taking the battery out and turning it off and on and nothing worked, so I deleted it from my applications list in hope to re-install from app world. It turned back on to find that I could not update anything on my blackberry app world. I then deleted app world, I just ask to receive advice on what to do now. Thankyou, any help is greatly welcomed.

Please use plain text.
mixitup
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: cell c

Re: Blackberry Messenger.

reload the application on your device using blackberry desktop manager..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meganelizabeth_98

I dont have blackberry destop manager, my phone has never been connected to the computer

Please use plain text.
Contributor
leewclark
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Verizon

Did you update to BBM 7.O?  i just updated to the latest BBM and now it does not work at all.....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meganelizabeth_98

Yes I did, and every time my scroller went over it, it didn't say blackberry messenger something completely different and would not let me click on it...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
leewclark
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Verizon

All I have is a home screen that says welcome to Blackberry Messenger with the icon below it. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Anushka_D
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

I'm facing the same issue. I updated to BBM 7.0 only to h...

I'm facing the same issue. I updated to BBM 7.0 only to have the device reboot and find the icon missing. I was to update my AppWorld too. So I thought maybe updating app world and redownloading BBM from there would work. But once my phone rebooted after the app world update, even the app world icon vanished. I can see both of them in my Applications Manager though.

I connected my phone to the desktop manager as well. It still didn't work. :smileysad:

Ugh.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meganelizabeth_98

Exactly the same as me then!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Anushka_D
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780

Surprisingly, the @BlackBerryHelp people on Twitter are so unresponsive! I explained the situation to them. They just replied asking for the version of the device software and my service provider. I provided the details and not a peep from them after that.
They're tweeting others to DM them and what not but they just aren't replying anymore.
So annoying.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
HRP92
My Device: Blacberry Bold 9790

I have a simiar problem, mine just says "associatiing blackberry messenger with blackberry id"

then every five minutes or so will pop up with 

"Blackberry Messenger failed to register with the Blackberry Messenger service. Registration is necessary to use the features of this application. Please ensure your device time is correctly set, open the My Profile screen and check the Blackberry Messenger registration status" 

I was able to get onto the chat just not use the voice, however now it just has the screen saying "associatiing blackberry messenger with blackberry id" 

Please use plain text.