Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
rm7670
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry News App for Q10/OS10???WTF

On my Torch, BlackBerry News app (which used to be or was preceeded by the VIIGO News App) was the app I used almost as much as my phone.

I cant stand the Z10, So i talked AT&T into selling me a Q10 for 99 bucks, its not worth any more than that.
Anyway I want to know why I cant have my favorite app, for my Blackberry. It runs perfectly fine on BBOS7.1.

I read about all the third party BS, no more noise Blackberry, this is a core app for personal use we deserve,, and I ask that it be made available.

I know how the Hub is supposed to be like that, but its not....Its more annoying than anything.

Dragon..........the other white meat
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry News App for Q10/OS10???WTF

What is that you often read within BlackBerry News? What type news feeds?

There could be another app such as Taptu which will fill that need... although I am guessing from your posts there is very little which is going to make you happy.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rm7670

Everything....nfl rss, MLB rss.... world news, usa news, entertainment news... science and tech news. I had the USGS earthquake feed..... the app came with a sweet collection of feeds to choose from, which I used to the maximum. 

Twitter follows fed into it. Some facebook like pages, not all that I wanted. 

It was the central app on my phone for everything I wanted. 

I still had freedom to use what individual apps I wanted but loved the centralization of blackberry news.

Blackberry still has it in there head that BBM is the killer app......wrong. it's helpful if you use it, I don't. It's the collective of BBM....Blackberry News.....and Message center (now the pos hub).

Tied to contacts and phone makes a killer integration central feeling. Android doesn't have. That feeling.

I would like to see Blackberry dominate again, but if it stays 3rd player....be that strong alternative. be innovative and independent. Users will see. 

Bottom line is I want Blackberry News back, just as it is on 7.1. 

I'll wait till they build the 4.5 inch screen with a QWERTy keyboard phone the

Rest of us want. This Q10 keyboard is perfect. Add back just. Above it the navigation pad and buttons and a 4.5 inch screen, that would be the most perfect phone ever.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

OK. Why don't we deal with one issue at a time here.

In your BlackBerry World, search and find the RSS Savvy app. I think you'll like it as an aggregate news reader for such as you describe, and it is a native BB10 app.

An RSS Feed Reader, Aggregator and Organizer, RSS-Savvy is an easy way to pull together and organize all your RSS and Atom feeds. 
Features include: 
- Rich, snappy UI combines photos and headlines. 
- Expand items in place to reveal articles. 
- Full article viewing in app, then swipe right to close (configurable in Preferences).
- Organize your feeds across any number of configurable tabs to group information in a way that makes sense to you.
- Share your favorite articles on Facebook, Twitter, Email, BBM and others.
- Add feeds directly from the browser
- Or, hold and press a URL anywhere on the device
- Or, enter a web page and we'll scan it
- Or, choose from a continually growing live catalog of feeds.
- Or, perhaps you'll be happy with the default set of subscriptions that cover World News, Sport, Technology, Entertainment, Business and more...
- Mark-read support, unread counts, mark-tab-read.
- Search bar, swipe down to Refresh and more...
- Native, fluid, not an Android port.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rm7670

I am downloading and will give it a try, thanks.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Good luck, I've been liking this app over the past week.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rm7670

the app is ok, and it has some nice feeds, but the "Ad RSS feed" function is one at a time and tedious due to Q10 having no control touch pad to move a curser to cut and paste.

I Fired up my 9810 torch and set it to wifi. It loaded all my previous emails and had my news up to date in a few seconds.

I got into blackberry news and it had all my news feeds ready to read. I started trying to enter mine into the new RSS SAVY app, and it didnt find 3 of 4 that I wanted so I stopped. It didnt have http://earthquake.usgs.gov/ says it found the website but it doesnt have a feed, thats the feed address from the info page on my old phone.

Ill keep trying, but not really digging the experience.

Please use plain text.