Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
LolaBee121
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930

Blackberry Protect Wbsite

ANYONE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE BLACKBERRY PROTECT WEBSITE???

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Blackberry Protect Wbsite

Everything's fine when I try it.  In fact, it located my phone in record time.....less than three seconds!

What issues are you experiencing with it?  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
LolaBee121

Whenever I try to view the other device on my login or I log out and back in I get an input server error saying the image is null or something??

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

That's weird.  Try clearing your PC's cache and history before trying to locate the second phone.  It shouldn't matter, but doing this won't hurt any.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
scmack55
My Device: BB 8530

I'm having the same issue. I have set up a BB 8530 recenlty with BB protect and was able to log in and I was able to see several options ( find phone, make phone ring, lock phone, wipe phone etc). Now when I log in, sometimes i get a page that shows 2 option,  logout and view detail or i get an error message

An Error Occured:

Image pointed to must exist (input stream must not be null)

+ Stack Trace

+Component Tree

+Scoped Variables.

I have done several Google searches and this forum here is the closest that I have found that mimics what i'm seeing.

Any ideas on how to be able to view this infromation would be greatly appreciated.

New Contributor
Santec
My Device: BlackBerry Storm II - Playbook 2.1

Hi,

I've been having this same issue for over a week and a half now. No support from BlackBerry except that I should call my carrier, Verizon who says as I expected that it’s a BlackBerry problem because it doesn’t involve the phone.

Yours is the first post showing the exact problem with the Null Location error that I've seen. I'm hoping now that a few more users are having the problem maybe BlackBerry will look into it and affect a fix.

I really like the application and my Storm 2 but any more of this ignoring the customers will certainly affect my next phone decision.

Dave

New Contributor
LolaBee121

Yes! Very frustrating. And it's a problem with the phone because it's happening on a Sprint phone not Verizon. It's not carrier related. It happened to me as soon as they changed the look of the website.

New Contributor
Santec

Well see now I expected it to be an issue with the website and not the phone as my storm seems to be operating properly in every way. It's even stopped the random resetting since the last OS update.

Why do you think it's with the phone?

Dave

New Contributor
LolaBee121

Yes my phone is fine in every other way too. I meant that the problem is with the connection between the phone and the site as opposed to the carrier as RIM is suggesting so they need to look into the issue further.

New Contributor
Santec

Oh, okay then we are in total agreement. Hopefully BlackBerry will take notice.

Dave