Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

jeg
New Contributor
jeg
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Blackberry Protect Wbsite

Yes, I've been trying for days to get my data backed up and keep getting told the Blackberry Protect service is temporarily unavailable.  this happens whether I try wifi; roaming or via my pc.  It is most frustrating!:Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
jeg
New Contributor
jeg
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

It does everything except back up data!

Please use plain text.
SussexShopper
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

For about a week I've been unable to back up my data. Can sign on via PC to the Protect website, locate device etc, but can't do a back up. From the device itself, which ever back up option I select I get the error message 'Back Up Failed'.  The Blackberry Protect Service is temporarily unavailable'.   Is this a known issue?  I'm an inexperienced user and don't know where to look for information.   Can't seem to find a free service to get hold of BlackBerry to ask them directly when they expect the Application to become available.   Can any of you guys help?  Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Santec
My Device: BlackBerry Storm II - Playbook 2.1
My Carrier: Verizon

It seems you are having just one of the problems on the list of issues that users of the BlackBerry-Protect package are having.

I cannot logon but I can backup, unfortunately that doesn’t do me much good if I can't logon to the user site.

BB offers support for an hourly fee but makes no guarantee of resolution and there’s no refund.

I'm wondering why I'm still so attached to my Storm-2 with all of the other options there are? I'm very overdue for my upgrade from Verizon and this may just the kicker to send me over to the "Darkside". iPhone, Android are all fine Smartphone’s. Larger screens, faster processors, 4G, more applications and of course free effective support.

I'm going give BB a week or so to resolve this issue then I'm moving away from BB.

It's good to keep this string going, it's the only way BB will ever take notice of this issue. Just because the app is free doesn’t mean they do not have to support it. Lots of users are dependant on BB Protect, BB needs to fix it.

Peace,

Dave

Please use plain text.
Jitukali
My Device: Tourch 9810
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Yes I do have the same error on mine as well,, I log in but when comes to manage my devices or switch to my other device I get the same error.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rfkjunior
My Device: Style
My Carrier: Sprint

I've been talking with customer service and they keep suggesting things that I can do to fix this. The problem clearly lies on their end. I encourage everyone to call them!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rfkjunior
My Device: Style
My Carrier: Sprint

PS: 1-877-255-2377
Please use plain text.
Jitukali
My Device: Tourch 9810
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I called Blackberry surprise they told me they are not aware of the problem as well as if I need to talk to them I need to pay them or go through my carrier.. 

I still wonder if this new Blackberry protect doesn't support BB OS 5  via web or what cause on it call sncy updates wirelessly but can't managed ..

RIM HEAR OUR CRY STOP IGNORING THIS......

Please use plain text.
Visitor
captainmajid08
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

i lost my blackberry and i tried to track it then i mistakely click on archieved and now i cant have access to the phone... Is there anything u can do to help??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scmack55
My Device: BB 8530
My Carrier: Bell

Not sure why, but I tried again to log in, after several days of not trying to log in, and this time i was able to view the location of the BB, play a sound, and all other features that should be available to those that have signed up to Protect. Those that have had issues may want to try to use this service again and see if it is working for them.

Please use plain text.